IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Compression Bug???

Have any of you came across loosing some of the language options when you use the "Select Language" option in ISD?

If you used the "Disk Cleanup" function in XP, and the "Compress old files" option is checked, some of your language files may have been compressed because they are old enough, and you don't see those languages in "Select Language" option.

You may test this by compressing a single language file from its

Properties=>"Advanced "button click=>"Compress contents to save disk space" checkbox check=>OK=>Apply=>OK.

Is it only me or somebody else experience that too?

Hi enoskype!

Yes, it works like that by me too, but it is easy to uncompress those language files, - not much is saved by compressing them anyway.

Also I find that compression makes them a mite slower to open, so if some of mine have been compressed and it is some I use fairly often I uncompress them.

best regards

Archived