IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Google Chrome - What Am I Missing?

hyderpete

I downloaded Google Chrome and went through all the settings to stop all suggestion services yet as soon as I start typing a url I am offered suggestions based on history and favourites.

When I have something saved in favourites I do not normally type the url manually

Just going to the address bar and typing the first w in www brings up a huge list of suggestions

Is there a setting I am missing or a way of stopping this - I don't want ANYTHING appearing as a drop down when typing a url

Hi hyderpete

Try going through your "Privacy Sweep" settings.

Another possibility is the settings in Controlpanel/Internet Options

Cheers

solbjerg

I downloaded Google Chrome and went through all the settings to stop all suggestion services yet as soon as I start typing a url I am offered suggestions based on history and favourites.

When I have something saved in favourites I do not normally type the url manually

Just going to the address bar and typing the first w in www brings up a huge list of suggestions

Is there a setting I am missing or a way of stopping this - I don't want ANYTHING appearing as a drop down when typing a url

Hi hyderpete

Try going through your "Privacy Sweep" settings.

Another possibility is the settings in Controlpanel/Internet Options

Cheers

solbjerg

Internet options only seems to apply to Internet Explorer - I have been able to stop all the suggestion services on Firefox through about:config - It's only google chrome that despite changing all the settings in options and stating that I don't want any suggestions that this happens - I almost have to clean the cache in chrome after every url but that doesn't stop it bringing up lists based on bookmarks.

E.G. If I was coming here and type i - I get a drop down of any site in favourites beginning with i or any sites i have previously visited - It's getting sooo annoying

Ok hyderpete

I don't have google chrome installed, so I cannot find anything more to say than I have, sorry!

Did you try Privacy Sweep settings in ASC?

Perhaps someone else knows of a solution!

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

Internet options only seems to apply to Internet Explorer - I have been able to stop all the suggestion services on Firefox through about:config - It's only google chrome that despite changing all the settings in options and stating that I don't want any suggestions that this happens - I almost have to clean the cache in chrome after every url but that doesn't stop it bringing up lists based on bookmarks.

E.G. If I was coming here and type i - I get a drop down of any site in favourites beginning with i or any sites i have previously visited - It's getting sooo annoying

Did you try Privacy Sweep settings in ASC?

Interesting thought.... But all that does is removed the history and as soon as you go back and browse you get the drop down first repeating everything you type as you type it - plus offering you suggestions from history and as you carry on surfing offering it from history too or are you suggesting runn ASC after each url typed:-P

Hi hyderpete

I still think you should try controlpanel/internet settings/ content/ auto -and untick save browserdata (history) :-)

Perhaps also look at the settings under the tab Advanced!

Isn't there a command under functions in google chrome that sends you to internet settings?

Cheers

solbjerg

Interesting thought.... But all that does is removed the history and as soon as you go back and browse you get the drop down first repeating everything you type as you type it - plus offering you suggestions from history and as you carry on surfing offering it from history too or are you suggesting runn ASC after each url typed:-P

Chrome does not link at all to Internet Options instead you have to click on a Wrench Symbol for the options

In this Screenshot you will see that I have taken the tick out of all the suggestion boxes yet as I type the history/bookmarks are displayed in a dropdown under the url bar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/hydermanpete/th_chrome.jpg

Ok pete

I'll shut up :-)

And you wil have to wait for someone that knows what he is talking about. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Chrome does not link at all to Internet Options instead you have to click on a Wrench Symbol for the options

In this Screenshot you will see that I have taken the tick out of all the suggestion boxes yet as I type the history/bookmarks are displayed in a dropdown under the url bar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/hydermanpete/th_chrome.jpg

Archived