IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Am I correct?

I've been reading around on the forum regarding how defrag only, Fast Optimize, and Deep Optimize differ. I know that it's a pretty complicated process, but here's what I was thinking.

Defrag only is like Windows built-in defrag (expect Iobit is faster). When you delete file on the hard drive, and install new stuff, they fill in at random spots leading to fragmentation. Defraging puts all the files together that belong together. So for example, a particular program, after defrag, will have all of it's files next to each other on the HDD therefore speeding up the computer.

Fast optimize does everything above, plus it takes all the free space and puts that together so less fragmentation occurs in the future.

Deep optimize does all of the above while also moving the MFT to the front of the HDD and also moves the programs that we access and use the most, to the front of the HDD.

I tried to keep it simplified, but would you say that the basics of what I said are correct?

BTW, is the front of the HDD (or the part that is read first/faster) the outer part or the inner most part?

Thanks!

Hi jpzsports

You almost got it down pat. :-)

Fast optimize though also optimizes as the name says + it defragments.

The outer part of the disks are fastest they have the highest velocity due to physics so the reading heads can pick up information at a much greater speed.

At the pole it is easy to turn very slowly so you keep the same angle to the sun, but at the equator you will have to move very fast

(more than 1666 km/hour) to keep up with the angle to the sun.

Please read enoskypes thread Think about Defragmentation!!! in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've been reading around on the forum regarding how defrag only, Fast Optimize, and Deep Optimize differ. I know that it's a pretty complicated process, but here's what I was thinking.

Defrag only is like Windows built-in defrag (expect Iobit is faster). When you delete file on the hard drive, and install new stuff, they fill in at random spots leading to fragmentation. Defraging puts all the files together that belong together. So for example, a particular program, after defrag, will have all of it's files next to each other on the HDD therefore speeding up the computer.

Fast optimize does everything above, plus it takes all the free space and puts that together so less fragmentation occurs in the future.

Deep optimize does all of the above while also moving the MFT to the front of the HDD and also moves the programs that we access and use the most, to the front of the HDD.

I tried to keep it simplified, but would you say that the basics of what I said are correct?

BTW, is the front of the HDD (or the part that is read first/faster) the outer part or the inner most part?

Thanks!

Archived