IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Startup Problem

Hi smokeyjoe

Curious! Do you run it as administrator?

Have you set it to show in the tray?

Perhaps a few screenshots of your settings would help in isolating the "problem". :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have it set to start with windows but it does not come up when I start my computer. I have the latest version 1.3 and I'm using windows 7

please help

thank you

Ok smokeyjoe

That looks ok! :-)

But you didn't answer if you were running the program as administrator?

What are your security settings and what do you use for security?

Can it be some settings in Windows 7 perhaps?

I do not know that program unfortunately, sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok there are my settings

Ok smokeyjoe

You will probably have to wait until some user that knows Win7 can assist you, sorry!

Do you have any of the programs automatic functions running in the background?

Cheers

solbjerg

i have gone to program files right clicked the exe and chose run as administrator and then applied the settings still a not loading on startup

Hi smokeyjoe,

no they do not show up under task manager so they are not running :cry:

Can there be a possibility that your security software is blocking the request for the startup items?

How is your UAC adjusted?

Cheers.

p.s. (Universal Access Control/User Account Control)?

Hi smokeyjoe,

1) Open "Task Manager" > "Processes" tab > select "IObit SmartDefrag.exe" > "End Process"

2) Open Smart Defrag as Administrator and Try unchecking the "Load automatically at windows startup" option > OK

3) Right click on Smart Defrag > Exit

4) Open Smart Defrag again As Administrator

5) Check the "Load automatically at windows startup" > Apply > OK

6) Exit Smart Defrag again, and restart your computer. See if that solves the problem.

If this doesn't work, try looking at your Antivirus or Firewall. They might be blocking it.

- Or perhaps you used a program and have unchecked some startup items before.

Cheers.

Hi smokeyjoe,

I assume you tried my suggestion.

Can you check if Smart Defrag is on the startup list?

To do this, simply open Start > type "msconfig" > and open "Startup" tab

or another way is to use Advanced SystemCare's Startup Manager under "Utilities" > "Admin Tools"

A screenshot of those would be nice.

Lastly,

You try to add a shortcut to the "Startup" folder here:

Start > All programs > Startup

Cheers.

I have the same problem.

I was able to get smart defrag to run under win7 by setting run as administrator on the executables, however this is not working under vista.

anyone have a fix for this. I can turn off UAC and everything works as expected any ideas. I'm using 1.3

LamarM

If Smartdefrag is NOT starting up when windows starts then just add a shortcut to the 'Startup' folder in the start menu. As long as it isn't running already in Task Manager this shouldn't be a problem. I also had this problem but with Windows Vista. Even with UAC shut off it still wouldn't auto start.

I don't mess around with UAC therefore I have mine off permanently. If something is going to happen it's just going to happen and UAC isn't going to save you. That's what Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware/Spyware and HIPS programs are for. In my opinion UAC is one of the worst, if not the worst annoying aspect of Vista. If you really need UAC then I suggest you try an alternative like Norton's UAC tool. Vista User Account Control They have 32 and 64 bit versions.

The name of the file you want to make a shortcut for is in "C:\Program Files\IOBit\IObit SmartDefrag" called 'IOBit SmartDefrag.exe'

After creating the shortcut, right-click on it and set the shortcut 'run' properties to 'Minimized' instead of 'Normal'

Hope this helps at least until the problem is fixed anyway.

-ZM

This a fix to my post yesterday. At the end of the shortcut "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe" add the command /StartUp so it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe" /StartUp

That's all you need and the program will start minimized in the system tray. Uncheck the box in SmartDefrag that says load automatically with windows because you won't need it.

This is just temporary till the problem (if there is one and it's not Windows) is fixed.

Archived