IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Must Applications Be Closed to Defrag Them?

Hi KOR

It is not necessary!

But to achieve a "perfect" defragmentation it stands to reason that it will be best to disconnect the internet and all running unnecessary functions while the defrag is running.

But there is no need to do so for the common user, one will not experience any difference with ones senses.

(and it will become defragmented to a small degree the second you start it up again)

The automatic function is debated, but I do not use it.

If I did I would use it as an automatic scheduled defragmentation - not have it running all the time without knowing when.

But you decide what you like best :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

So when Smart Defrag runs on automatic defrag then does one have to shut down antivirus or other applications?

Is it better to NOT have it running on 'automatic'?

KOR-

Hi KOR

It is not necessary!

But to achieve a "perfect" defragmentation it stands to reason that it will be best to disconnect the internet and all running unnecessary functions while the defrag is running.

But there is no need to do so for the common user, one will not experience any difference with ones senses.

(and it will become defragmented to a small degree the second you start it up again)

The automatic function is debated, but I do not use it.

If I did I would use it as an automatic scheduled defragmentation - not have it running all the time without knowing when.

But you decide what you like best :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, thank you Solbjerg. I appreciate your quick response.

KOR-

Hi KOR,

I have a quite different approach to defragmentation, you can read it in the posts of following thread. Think about Defragmentation!!! .

IMHO, defragmenting in safe mode does not reveal a better defragmentation including connection to internet if you are using a defragmenter that you can control the placement of the files. I have invited the testers to prove the contrary, but until today, I didn't get any convincing answers from anybody. That includes IObit about the placement of MFT enlargement zone and directories.

Cheers.

Archived