IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Avast 5 blog

usefullll

usefulll- I've been waiting for the Avast 5 final version to be released for some time as Avast 4.8 is the AV that I have been installing on the computers that I work on and now to hear that Avast 5 Pro Antivirus will include Virtual Sandboxing that will offer the ultimate first line defense against Malware is simply spectacular news!

Avast! Pro Antivirus. This is the new name of Avast! Professional Edition. It is similar to the Free Antivirus but adds a number of new features. Most importantly, it adds a sandbox (or virtualization). This allows you to run your browser (or any other application) inside the sandbox so that if you are browsing to dangerous websites (perhaps purposefully) or executing suspect programs, any damage will be limited within the sandbox and will not affect your computer. We think this is an exciting new feature and only one or two other products on the market offer this capability.

~Maxx~

The best thing to me is that Avast 5 still maintain it's functions for FREE version,

and somemore includes new heuristics detection feature and others. :wink:

5 words for AVAST 5

Absolutely Lovely Fantastic Excellent Marvelous!! :-)

usefulll- I've been waiting for the Avast 5 final version to be released for some time as Avast 4.8 is the AV that I have been installing on the computers that I work on and now to hear that Avast 5 Pro Antivirus will include Virtual Sandboxing that will offer the ultimate first line defense against Malware is simply spectacular news!

Avast! Pro Antivirus. This is the new name of Avast! Professional Edition. It is similar to the Free Antivirus but adds a number of new features. Most importantly, it adds a sandbox (or virtualization). This allows you to run your browser (or any other application) inside the sandbox so that if you are browsing to dangerous websites (perhaps purposefully) or executing suspect programs, any damage will be limited within the sandbox and will not affect your computer. We think this is an exciting new feature and only one or two other products on the market offer this capability.

~Maxx~

The best thing to me is that Avast 5 still maintain it's functions for FREE version, and some more includes new heuristics detection feature and others. :wink:

2010 portends to be the year of Virtualization in personal computer security software products and its great to hear that a traditional 20 year old company like Avast will be offering this great new advantage to its already world famous protection although it is sad to hear that it will only be included in the paid Pro version.

Fortunately for those who prefer not to pay for top rated computer security in early 2010 Comodo will release CIS v4 with virtual sandboxing, a new Behavior Blocker as well as a Time Machine. For the curious CIS v4 Beta should be available as early as next month...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/ComodoLogoMini.png

~Maxx~

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/sandboxie-logo.png

Yes I use Sandboxie every day every time I open one of my Browsers! I have all 3 of my browsers set to start in the Virtual environment administrated by Sandboxie and even though I use 4 on demand scanners they have not detected so much as a tracking cookie thus far and that's including the time since 2 months ago when I uninstalled my Antivirus software after it reached into the Browser's Virtual Space and informed me that there was a Trojan Downloader present and asked if I wanted to have it take the Malware back into the computer and quarantine it. Why would I want Malware quarantined inside the computer when as soon as the Browser is closed Sandboxie will not just simply delete, but completely obliterate it by overwriting the Malware and any and all other data that was in the sandbox 7 times including 5 passes of randomly generated data!

I have never enjoyed the internet so much as I have since I started using a Virtualized Browser because I know that whatever Malicious Code I may have picked will never reach my computer because what happens in the Sandbox stays in the Sandbox until it is destroyed with impunity!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/8a24ff0e.gif

~Maxx~

Archived