IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Duplicate Files.

garybear

It seems the forum gets this question every now and then. Most of the people in the know; which I'm not one of them, say if you don't know what your doing, better to leave this alone. The free space you gain won't be worth the risk. You can cause your self a lot of misery if you don't know what your doing. Like my friend solbjerg says; who is one of the people in the know, just because you have a duplicate file doesn't mean you you don't need it or use it in a different way. In my screen prints you will see Lahoma OK at the bottom of the first screen shot. It shows that its duplicated, but if you notice in the next screen prints one is on my Desktop and one is for Quick Launch. Do I need both of them?? Probably not!! Do I use both of them? Yes I do. If you check out your duplicates you will see this same pattern on most of them, so if you think you must delete them, use a lot of caution. IMHO, just leave them alone.---garybear

let sleeping duplicate files lie, if you delete or mess with them it can lead to some of your software getting bitten or worse the O/S throws a wobberly.

ages ago used a program called glary and deleted duplicate files it found - spent next few days reinstall of windows and software never touched duplicate files again. Bitten once do not intend to get caught again.

let sleeping duplicate files lie, if you delete or mess with them it can lead to some of your software getting bitten or worse the O/S throws a wobberly.

ages ago used a program called glary and deleted duplicate files it found - spent next few days reinstall of windows and software never touched duplicate files again. Bitten once do not intend to get caught again.

Phewwwwwww I was about to hit the click on duplicate files the other day, sure glad I didn't:shock:

Hi sunny

Hi sunny. Good advice my friend. I only bring this up to inform our new members that its not a good place to go. Some of these programs make it so easy to hit the delete button and this will cause you all kinds of trouble. Thanks for your post my friend. If your going to use a program that finds duplicates, please know what your doing. IMHO just leave them alone.---garybear Read what my good friend solbjerg says about duplicates. http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=12181&postcount=5

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived