IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Sunbelt's new Antivirus/Antimalware/Firewall

JustDave

Sunbelt has released to beta their new security suite, VIPRE Premium. It includes signature based detection, HIPS, intrusion detection, web filter, custom rules and email scanning. The GUI needs work but it seems pretty solid so far. I'm running with all features on and it's taking up about 36MB.

Hi Dave

This is the kind of information or advertising that I find beneficial, and which leaves it up to the user to find the site and possibly download the program.

Well done Dave (IMHO)

Cheers

solbjerg

Sunbelt has released to beta their new security suite, VIPRE Premium. It includes signature based detection, HIPS, intrusion detection, web filter, custom rules and email scanning. The GUI needs work but it seems pretty solid so far. I'm running with all features on and it's taking up about 36MB.

Hi Maxx,

Sunbelt stuff has always been top notch and efficient. I used Counterspy for years before I dropped AVG and upgraded to VIPRE. I don't want to give the wrong impression about memory usage, though. I've been watching over the past few days and 36MB is at the low end depending on what's going on. It typically runs somewhere between 50 and 110MB or so when I have several windows open and am surfing. During a deep scan it uses 40-50% CPU and I can still run other apps with very little impact.

Also, the VIPRE listed at VB100 is the antivirus/antispyware/antimalware commercial package. VIPRE Premium rolls a software firewall (probably based on the old Kerio Personal Firewall which Sunbelt bought) into all that; Premium still in beta.

Most importantly, in my experience Sunbelt's support has been second to none.

Archived