IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Where and What is the Balance of Security?

strydersInAnacortes

There are so many products available. Everyone boasts how great theirs are. So how much is too much? Is there a comparison chart to show me why I should choose one utility over another? What features are redundent? What features conflict? Why should I get a "suite" package? Why should I get stand alone programs? So for example, I'm using AVG, Spybot, ASC, SmartDefrag, Ad-Aware, cCleaner, Wise Registry and Disk cleaner, registry compact and defrag, Window Defender and Firewall. Every one has pluses and minuses. Some utilities find things that other programs don't, so redundentcy like ASC and cCleaner are justified. Any opinions or maybe a comparison chart?

Merry Christmas and (hopefully) Happy New Year

Hi strydersInAnacortes!

There is much Information in the web. As of now you must do a bit of research via google and make your comprehensive evaluation of the various products. There is no one simple/best solution... as individual PC configurations vary so greatly... (one may want the best configuration for gaming and another for graphic design... etc.)... and thus need different support softwares for their system. Security and maintenance preferences vary vastly as well, depending on how you use your PC, and the balance of Ease of use versus need for precise software configuration. Even the most reputable sources/evaluaters opinions vary. Most often users must take a trial and error approach to find the best approach to meet their needs.

like choosing a car we all have different opinions.

here is my comment

one AV.............................................using Norton360

one Firewall......................................ditto

passive blocking of spyware...............using a mix to get all round good protection[spyware blaster, iobit360, spybot SD]

quick scan before closing pc down at night........IObit 360

indepth scan and good repair of spyware infections..........S.A.S. & MBAM.

Background live monitoring for spyware...........IObit 360

Archived