IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Autodefrag won't work

Hi cafeina

If you try to set up an automatic scheduled defrag (for example for testing purposes to start very soon) you will get a message that it has done the AutoDefrag at that time.

If you will be able get the same result if you have the constantly running autodefrag going I am not sure.

Did some tests about this a while back but do not remember the result precisely. Neither do I remember the name of the thread - but it should be "findable" :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

I set up AutoDefrag on my system drive, but it always says:

Last Auto Defrag: never

what can I do about it?

Hi cafeine

Ok, my point was that the message telling you that AutoDefrag had run at a specific time refers to the automatic scheduled defrag.

The alway on automatic defrag will have no specific time to report is my guess.

But you are free to use the autodefrag if so desired, in my opinion it would then be superfluous to use the scheduled defrag too, and this would then mean that you won't get a message that it has run an autodefrag at some definitive time.

Both options give you the "set and forget" opportunity in my opinion.

Cheers

solbjerg

Scheduled defrag works, so I guess I'll stick with this for the time being. I wanted to use AutoDefrag, because I used to have Diskeeper once, which had something similar (set and forget).

Hi cafeina,

Please try to set:

"Pause Auto Defrag when resource usage exceeds 90%"

and

"Start Auto Defrag when the system has been idle for 1 minutes"

and check the checkbox of "Enable Auto Defrag", then Apply.

Minimize to system tray and wait 10 minutes doing nothing on the computer leting it idle for a while.

You must do that test after being sure that you have not defragged for a while and you have sufficient fragmented files.:smile:

See if it does automatic defrag!

Cheers.

Archived