IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

VIRUS ALERT - WORM (spoof) FYI

KathyC2010

I had a very aggressive ad ware scare that claimed to be a "worm". When it first appeared it was a huge message box that covered the entire desktop with a warning "your computer is infected with a worm. Click here to purchase a worm removal tool". If I attempted to open anything else it would be blocked by another message box that said "file corrupt". It seemed that the only thing I could do was buy the software. NOT! I restarted to see if the "worm" message came back and sure enough, there it was, however, this time it looked more like a "windows alert" message. That kind of scarred me but the funny thing about it was the fact that it took about 30 seconds or so for it to load before actually blocking any program. I restarted again, and opened up the "process" window (cntrl, alt, del) and shut down all processes that I did not recognize. One in particular was named something like "uugckling....". Now running on bare bones I opened up my iobit advanced system care pro and using the start up manager I located the "uugckling..." file and deleted it from the start up list. I then opened up my security 360, ran a deep scan, and sure enough it identified one "ad ware" Trojan - and quarantined it. As it turned out, it was not a worm at all; it was a very aggressive ad ware that I suspect in actuality was a tool that steals credit card info’s from all the "igos". I am pretty sure that this ad ware arrived on my computer by way of disguising itself as an "active x controller update".

:shock:

Archived