IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

4.01beta is shutting itself down

Hi,

I am pretty disappointed with 4.01 beta.

Under XP SP2 it's shuts itself down after 10%

Under Win 2000 Pro SP4 I get an error message. I did not bother bother to send the log in because I never got a feedback from previous ones.

4.01 was supposed to take care of the bugs and not make Smartdefrag completely unusable!!!

Can We Troubleshoot?

Hi All!!!!

I have been a rabid fan of iobit forever.....not only their amazing products but their essence, their authenticity as humans....their humor and generosity.

I have been too busy compulsively posting on a large tech site to have realized i should have joined this forum centuries back!

But now....here I am.:mrgreen:

Now, I am interested in what the common denominatorsif any R present within systems having trouble running Beta 4.

So, could you and anyone else having these issues post not only your OS but also your system specs?

I am only running it on one of my systems: Optiplex GX620, Pent D, 3.4; 2 GBs of DDR2 ram, running XP Pro/SP2 fully patched.

Thanks!

Jilly

Hi Jilly,

Your idea may be useful but not in my case.

I am from a French security sub-forum myself. So I have been asking those questions for ages.:)

The first versions of Smartdefrag did not crate real problems. But this one?!!!

Nothing has changed on my computer. (I am not talking about updates)

But here is what you want:

XP SP2 fully patched

768 MB RAM

2.53 GHz processor

Nvidia

2 hd + one external hard drive.

McAffee Virusscan

SSM 2.4.0.619

Sandboxie

Please keep in mind that bug reports are generally not answered. But Iobit uses this info to study how the software is working in the pc's of the general public. They use this info to make changes in the programs to be more compatible with all pc's. So even if they are not responded to the info is very useful.

thanks, samr.

Hi samr, Adchia

Thanks for your answer .

I was simply disappointed...

Well, I solved the problem: previous version has to be uninstalled first. Then the folder has to be deleted manually. And only afterwards it's possible to install 4.01.

No problems under XP SP2 and Win 2000 Pro SP4.

Archived