IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 1.4 will NOT run

I have Smart Defrag 1.4 and the following:

Windows7

Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite - with this program set to Trusted with full allowances

I run Advanced System Care Free with no problems.

Okay, so I install SD and go to run it. On the "Defrag Now" window, I have the C drive selected and I press start - pretty much nothing happens. This is what I see: In the C drive line it shows a status of "idle", when I hit start or analyze it changes from "idle" to "stopping" and then the start button lights back up to show it's available again. This happens in a period of 2-3 seconds.

For the record, this happens no matter which option I choose - Defrag Only, Fast Opt, Deep Opt. It also doesn't matter if I hit Start or Analyze.

HELP?!?! :?:

Hi cowfd

My guess is that you are running on batteries!

The default setting is that it should not defrag running on batteries.

Please see if this is the case and connect the power cable.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have Smart Defrag 1.4 and the following:

Windows7

Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite - with this program set to Trusted with full allowances

I run Advanced System Care Free with no problems.

Okay, so I install SD and go to run it. On the "Defrag Now" window, I have the C drive selected and I press start - pretty much nothing happens. This is what I see: In the C drive line it shows a status of "idle", when I hit start or analyze it changes from "idle" to "stopping" and then the start button lights back up to show it's available again. This happens in a period of 2-3 seconds.

For the record, this happens no matter which option I choose - Defrag Only, Fast Opt, Deep Opt. It also doesn't matter if I hit Start or Analyze.

HELP?!?! :?:

Hi cowfd

Don't feel bad :-)

It happens to all of us once in a while on our laptops.

But it is always a good idea to check the power supply.

Thanks for your feedback - your integrity is appreciated!

Cheers

solbjerg

I feel like a moron. :oops:

I swear the cord was in, but I checked and the power strip was off. Thanks for making me check! Going to do my defrag now.....

Archived