IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I'm puzzled

Hi Folks. New here. I have recenly installed the Smart Defrag and have been using it. But I am baffled about what I'm seeing during the process. I am degragging three drives. My main one is drive "C". On the degrag progress page, I have noticed that the top row of colors for that drive are always black, followed by several rows of grey. This is totally unlike the other two drives reported because they are both showing almost all grey. The concern that I have is that the sluggishness I am getting in my system (I use Windows Vista Home Premium and am on broadband) is due to all the black tiles in the top rpw pf my defrag progress page. Even when the "deep optimize" defrag is finished, the black tiles remain on the top row. Can someone please ezplain this phenonmena to me and advise me regarding my concern? Thanks alot guys!

Hi jgregmg!

Its extremely unlikely that the visual representations by smart defrag, or the fragmentation status of your hard drive, account for the sluggishness of your total machine. Its more likely due to your system configuration within Vista, and the the things running within it.

You may be trying to use a shotgun, where only a fly-swatter is necessary!

-Mel:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

hi jgregmg

black clusters shown by SMART-DEFRAG are immovable system files or copies of them etc.

they are always present and there is no problem with them.

as it concerns the sluggishness of your system it is not connected to these immovable clusters.

speed of the system is affected by many factors

1. Speed of CPU clock

2. Size of RAM

3. Size of cash memory

4. Size of free space of Hard-disk

5. Size of Virtual Memory

6. Fragmentation

7. Many programs runnining in RAM (start up processes and so on.)

8. Viruses and other Malicious programs running in RAM

cheers

Archived