IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC is not reapiring some cookies it finds

dickbash

ASCFree version updated as of 2-4-10. Had 2 tracking cookies that ASC found. Instructed ASC to repair. Said it fixed the problem. Shut down computer (Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 that is current). Restarted and re-ran ASC. Found same problem. I performed the repair again and once more it announced "problems fixed." Performed this 5 times and every time ASC said the same two cookies were there. Went to Users and under my name tried to enter Cookies folder. Would not let me (Admin). Deleted and re-created Cookies folder. That fixed problem.

What's the problem here and how do I fix it? What's wrong with ASCFree. Won't buy regular version until I am convinced it will actually find and REMOVE problems. Thanks in advance. E-mail answer is best for me. Will also check here.

Regards,

Richard Bash

dickbash @bashlaw.com

Hi dickbash,

Try the Win Manager's Cookie Manager utility in the utilities section of ASC, and see if it deletes the cookies.

Giving your e-mail openly in the forum is not a good idea concerning spammers.

I have de-linked it, but it is better to delete it.

Cheers.

It may be usefull to know what the cookies are as well.

If you can notate the exact names of the cookies 360 is isolating here, may help as well. I had this problem once and it was associated with some update services I had running on my system.

-Mel

ASC Mel, not IS360 !!!

Archived