IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Total Confusion

While I am having no issues running Beta 4, nothing crashes, no sirens go off....I do not understand why, if I chose both functions, the utility leaves fragmented files.

Next, I do not understand, why, after I run both.....what the report is telling me OR....why the final clusters appear to have had a nervous breakdown.

I am attaching two screenies: Wut? made during the run of the optimizer after the defrag finished...and Wut Two, the final report interface.

I would use Photobucket and paste them, but I do not wish to terrify people.:lol:

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Jill

addendum:

OK, I ran only the defrag function again. It did deal wiht the remaining fragmented files. but....I still do not get why after optimizing things appear in such chaos.....or, what the two yellow clusters circled in red in the attached (Wut three)...are or mean.

I should add that this is a 250GB STATA2 HDD and it is only 12GB filled....should be a no brainer for Beta 4, no?

thank U!

The files that are in use can not be defragmented

The two circled items are files that can't be moved (perhaps only at the moment), it could be that after a restart and a new defragmentation that they will be placed with the other unmovables.

There is also a possibility that they are leftovers from previous installed programs, that hasn't been cleaned totally from your system - for one reason or another.

The files that are in use can not be defragmented

The two circled items are files that can't be moved (perhaps only at the moment), it could be that after a restart and a new defragmentation that they will be placed with the other unmovables.

Ther is also a possibility that they are leftovers from previous installed programs, that hasn't been cleaned totally from your system - for one reason or another.

O! Detailed, accurate hard data! Thank you so much! I had no idea files in use could not be defragged....I think because in your last fabulous build, after running express defrag before shutting down a system which, given I run defrag every day, I would be "told" I should....I would occasionally have to run it twice....but doing that would leave NO fragments according to the utilitY's report.

I luved that build; told everyone on the planet about it, posted it on my tech site. I respect your ambition to improve things ongoing, i.e., this optimizing element....but I miss the pre-Beta 4 build, guys.

Jill

Archived