IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Security Update for Windows XP

yjsk2100

Hello. I have IOBit Security Pro version 1.40 I scanned using the PC Security Analysis and it found 2 security holes. The first one was for the flash player but after reading other threads, this one has been answered and I will wait for the fix in the next update.

The other security update is for Windows XP (KB946648). After researching I find this is for Windows Messenger. I do not use WM so I have uninstalled it. I am sure that is why this update comes up but after hitting ignore it won't go away, even after a reboot. Just thought you should know and was wondering if this will also be fixed if one does not have Windows Messenger installed.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Uninstall Messenger

The other security update is for Windows XP (KB946648 ). After researching I find this is for Windows Messenger. I do not use WM so I have uninstalled it. I am sure that is why this update comes up but after hitting ignore it won't go away, even after a reboot. Just thought you should know and was wondering if this will also be fixed if one does not have Windows Messenger installed.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

When you uninstalled Windows Messenger did you also go to:

• Control Panel

• Add or Remove Programs

• Add/Remove Windows Components (on the left)

• Use the wizard to uninstall Messenger

I have compleely un-installed Windows Messenger from my XP and never get this update message :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

When you uninstalled Windows Messenger did you also go to:

• Control Panel

• Add or Remove Programs

• Add/Remove Windows Components (on the left)

• Use the wizard to uninstall Messenger

I have completely un-installed Windows Messenger from my XP and never get this update message

All the best, woz of oz

Yes, I had already removed Windows Messenger from Add/Remove. I did this when I first got my computer. Somewhere on some forum it said how to uninstall messenger and I followed the instructions. Maybe I didn't get it all. Ever since I updated IOBit from 1.3 to 1.4 this security update appears along with the flash player. I am sure it is okay if it comes up but I needed to ask just to make sure. If I don't have messenger anymore then I don't have a security risk to my knowledge. I would just like it to disappear if possible. And thanks for the quick reply woz of oz.

Archived