IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Time out

solbjerg

The 20th of February 2010

February the 20th 2010

If the day is first it sounds best if one uses the "of"

While February 20th 2010 doesn't need the "the" as much.

To further cut down on the characters used one can lose the th and instead use a full stop.

(laziness is the mother of invention) J

In Danish 70 is articulated "halvfjerds" or "halvfjerdsindstyve" - in English seventy.

The reason is that the ancient Danish number system didn't use 10 as base but 20.

(score in English)

So halv – fjerd – sinds – tyve

is Half - four - times - twenty

And half four should be understood as half the way to 4 from 3

So halvfjerdsindstyve is 3½*20 = 70

We use the same expression in Denmark with time i.e. 15:30 is "halv fire" which means half an hour to four, while in English the "laziness" cuts away the "past" and half four therefore means 16:30 i.e. half (past) four.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi sunny

What do you call yourself then?

Gael, Welshman, Cornishman, Breton, Normannic or Nordic?

Probably some others sprinkled in there as well :-)

On my fathers side it is traceable until about 1600 - on my mothers side it is difficult to trace.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes English made up from celts[wales & scots], Ingaevones, saxons, angles, vikings,vandals etc not forgetting the Danes from northern europe.

Archived