IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Runtime error

Eriond.

Been receiving such errors for some time now. It reads

"A runtime error has occurred.

Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 106

Error: Object expected

Yes/No"

This error shows up whenever i type in "services.msc" under Run. It also pops up whenever I try to connect to an MSN game with a friend. Other than that, my computer is working perfectly fine. Now, back to the error, whenever I click yes I'll go to the Just in time Debugger, or w/e that's called. Of course that's like totally useless.

I got this error soon after I ran SpeedOptimizer 3 on my Windows XP Service Pack 2 machine. Well, just to let you all know that I forgot to restore the point, and I lost it. Even if I did System Restore, it's still of no help. Tried searching the help and support section on microsoft.com but to no avail. I'd really appreciate if anyone can help provide suggestions and solutions.

Thanks.

Been receiving such errors for some time now. It reads

"A runtime error has occurred.

Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 106

Error: Object expected

Yes/No"

This error shows up whenever i type in "services.msc" under Run. It also pops up whenever I try to connect to an MSN game with a friend. Other than that, my computer is working perfectly fine. Now, back to the error, whenever I click yes I'll go to the Just in time Debugger, or w/e that's called. Of course that's like totally useless.

I got this error soon after I ran SpeedOptimizer 3 on my Windows XP Service Pack 2 machine. Well, just to let you all know that I forgot to restore the point, and I lost it. Even if I did System Restore, it's still of no help. Tried searching the help and support section on microsoft.com but to no avail. I'd really appreciate if anyone can help provide suggestions and solutions.

Thanks.

Doesn't SpeedOptimizer provide you with a roll-back option?

You ought to be able to get into Services through Controlpanel/Administration/Services?

Doesn't SpeedOptimizer provide you with a roll-back option?

You ought to be able to get into Services through Controlpanel/Administration/Services?

Yes it does, but I lost the roll-back >.>

As for the latter, well its basically the same thing, the error occurred whenever I click the tab "Extended" at the bottom of the page. The tab "Standard" works fine though.

Apparently this isn't a problem that can be remedied through System Restore or through AWC's System Optimizations..

But first things first, what's Runtime error / Debugging / Microsoft Script Editor? Everytime I receive these error messages, whenever I click yes I'll be brought to the last two stuff..

more ideas

How about trying at the next reboot to hit "F8" before starting Windows, then go into "Advanced Startup Options for Windows" menu, and choose "Safe Mode", - then go into your services and see if something is amiss there?

That's the only thing I can think of right now, sorry!

Have you tried Checkdisk?

And have you tried system file checker? (requires the installation disk)

Archived