IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What happend?

blacksea

I did a system restore just two hours ago and after the restore was complete, a weird noise appeared.

Like example; If I go to my browser where you type an url and if I hit the 'backspace' button even if the url is empty, I get a weird noise.

Or if you are talking to someone on MSN and you hit constantly backspace, you hear a noise that tells you that it is already empty. But this noise is in the OS version. Like XP version or VISTA version.

But, mine sounds just like the sound if of an computer where the sound card isn't installed yet. But I do hear everything else like youtube and other things. The only thing is what I mentioned about the backspace noise.

Ps. It's okay if you didn't understood what I meant, just ask again and I try to explain it better.

Blacksea

Hi blacksea

Can you find the same sound in your sounds in the control panel?

Cheers

solbjerg

I did a system restore just two hours ago and after the restore was complete, a weird noise appeared.

Like example; If I go to my browser where you type an url and if I hit the 'backspace' button even if the url is empty, I get a weird noise.

Or if you are talking to someone on MSN and you hit constantly backspace, you hear a noise that tells you that it is already empty. But this noise is in the OS version. Like XP version or VISTA version.

But, mine sounds just like the sound if of an computer where the sound card isn't installed yet. But I do hear everything else like youtube and other things. The only thing is what I mentioned about the backspace noise.

Ps. It's okay if you didn't understood what I meant, just ask again and I try to explain it better.

Blacksea

Hi blacksea

Do you mean that you have checked the sounds in C:\WINDOWS\Media and not found one sounding like the one you heard?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

No, this is the sound you get when you haven't installed your sound card yet. It is the same sound like the beep codes that a computer gives when your computer has a problem with his bios.

Yes solbjerg, I listened one by one all of them but that is the problem. The sound that I hear, doesn't come from my boxes, it comes directly from my desktop where the 'Power thing' is. *You know that thing how much watt your computer has. The power supply I guess.

Blacksea

Hi enoskype,

yes, it is. All the other sounds comes from my boxes like youtube and also all windows sounds like popups. But that is the only sound that comes directly from my desktop.

And no I haven't defined anything as a shortcut for backspace.

But it is not a sound what I get when I hit backspace.

Look attachment, maybe this will help you better understand what I try to explain.

* The url is almost empty, because I pressed backspace. But if I pres more the whole url is empty and if it is empty and I will still press backspace it makes that noise. Because that noise tells me that it is already empty.

Also the noise appeared when I was editing the snapshot with. I pressed on X to close it and the noise appeared and was asking me if I wanted to safe Yes or No or to cancel.

Blacksea

take the case of and look at the motherboard some have a led display that show error numbers when it detects a hardware error and they bleep to get your attention when they have an error similar to a mobile phone on a missed call.

also read your motherboard manual you may have similar without the led display with just bleeps.

most computers just bleeps errors on boot up but some have constant monitoring.

Archived