IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware removal

So_sad

Hi folks ;

I can't post in this topic (that's Ok) :

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6255

..but I have a question : in the list of recommended schools, I see "GeekPolice Academy" at the very top. Pardon me for my possible ignorance on the matter, but when did they start to teach malware removal and, more importantly, when did they become a "reputable" school ?

I've seen lists of good schools many times before, but never have I seen GeekPolice in any of them.

I look at their malware removal forum and see only two active helpers, none of which seem to be trained, at first glance. I could be wrong though.

If you guys want to go into malware removal, that's fine, but directing potential/future malware fighters to good schools should be taken seriously if you are ever going to recrute good helpers. We all know that "These are in no particular order" (quoted from that post) doesn't wash with the human brain ;-) (being at the top sends a strong subliminal message..).

Just checking.

===

Hi Gary :-D

GeekU is a great school. Training is tough, so be prepared.

The ones listed below "GeekPolice Academy" are all reputable, and good.

FYI : one major school missing from the list : "Malware Removal University"

===

Hi So-sad!!

Hi Gary :-D

GeekU is a great school. Training is tough, so be prepared.

The ones listed below "GeekPolice Academy" are all reputable, and good.

===

Hi friend. I probably won't make it, but thought I would try it. I have a lot of spare time and love to learn new things. Thanks for your warning:-D:-D:-D

Unfortunately they have changed their registration process to invite only and have requested that all links referring them as open for new members be removed. If that changes I will be sure to update the list.

@evilfantasy : mind if I ask you where you heard that MRU registration was Invite only ?

I'm asking because I just went to their application page and all seems to be as it was before. They do say that they are full at the moment and that there's a waiting list, but that's it. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I could double-check for you.

===

Archived