IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

All resources used when autoupdating

Hey,

Did anyone ever have to problem of their computer really slowing down when the autoupdate starts? It just seems that the autoupdate starts, but nothing ever really happens. Almost like it gets caught in a loop and just takes up a lot of resources. I do not think it is my firewall, but I do not specifically think I have ever tried turning it off and manually starting the autoupdate. The firewall software I have is Symantec. Do I have to enable or disable anything to get this to work? Do I really need autoupdates on? Do updates come readily enough that I should have it on or can I just visit the IObit.com site enough to just update myself?

Thanks

Manual Update

Welcome to the forum formulafanatic :smile:

I never experienced the slowing down that you describe but I still changed my settings to Check for updates when program starts

Once ASC has started you can also manually check by right clicking on the SysTray icon and selecting Check Update

Updates don't happen very often so checking for an update before doing a scan seems to work well for me :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hello formulafanatic,

What version of ASC are you using?

Current version is Advanced SystemCare v3.5.0

AutoUpdate causing computer to slow down seems like an old problem.

I was caused by Autoupdate not being able to find internet and gets caught in a "loop" like you said. Then the usage on CPU of the updater becomes 99% or something

When that happens again, can you check your Task Manager and take a look at IObitUpdate.exe's CPU?

Cheers.

Archived