IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Computer turns its self on [SOLVED]

Stupid Guy Here

Hi al this is a weird one, When my computer is turned off and pluged in ,, it turns its self on full boot into windows. When I turn on my broadband box. which is at the other end of the room , I have had the electrics in the house all checked. and all is good . I have replased the power supply and the board and cpu . the ram and the power on and off botton and its still happening . even had a tech come out check phone system and broadband and its still the same... requested and got new broadband box no joy....so any ideas ??????

Yours Snoopy2010 , Stupid Guy Here ,3H48002Y4, Former Iobit user, and who ever else I am today or tommrow?

Hi there SGH :wink:

The only thing that pops into my mind right now is "Wake on Lan". It's a feature that you can enable/disable in the BIOS, usually, and it allows for a remote computer to turn another computer On.

What version of Windows do you have ? And do you know which motherboard and BIOS you have ?

===

Hi Dan ;

Although Wake on Lan (or Wake on Wan - via Internet) could do this, the computer owner would usually have configured this himself and would probably know if someone else was granted the necessary access rights to wake the machine over a network or the Internet. It shouldn't just happen out of the blue... So maybe SGH knows.

Another thing that later came to my mind : if he has Vista or Win7, then perhaps he has the shutdown button configured for deep sleep rather than a full shutdown. If that is the case, then it could simply be a Hibernate hiccup, waking the machine for no apparent reason ; I get that all the time on my Vista machine when it hibernates (pain in the butt lol).

===

Sorted

So_sad and danburrito

thank u for your input.

Amaerican Megtrends board bios v02.61 resume by onboard lan was enabled now disabled

The new board same as the old one .. my wife installed it and set it up ... she used this computer while i was away last week and installed the new board and cpu ram ect .. and she must have enabled it .... and she must have enabled it on the old board as well,,,,,,,,,,,, as soon as she comes back form france next week ... Divorce lol or ban form my computer lol

So_sad and danburrito thank u.. this has cost me a lot of time and money . But its worth it to have it sorted .. it may have been cheaper to have a Divorce lol lol lol

Yours Snoopy2010 , Stupid Guy Here ,3H48002Y4, Former Iobit user, and who ever else I am today or tommrow?

Archived