IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spyware scan in AWC

warrior4302

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't seen this before. Interesting question. After playing around a little I don't think AWC really scans the disk as such.

I fired up SysInternals FileMon and filtered for AWC.exe. Both Spyware Removal and Security Defense seem to only look in the registry (C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software). The spyware removal portion is probably just looking for discrete cookies and malware signatures.

I am unable to tell you the exact areas of the computer that the spyware scan does check, but I can tell you with certainty that it includes only the most common areas of infection and only scans for items that are definition-based. The upcoming product Spyware Defender will be the complete anti-spyware solution by IObit.

• 7 months later...

it scans for a few registry entries that you can only get from spyware. however it is NOT to replace anti spyware programs as detection is low and some viruses like trojans evade it easily by rootkit technology. try using Spyware Terminator if you're worried about spyware.

• 3 months later...
Heads up!-that search and destroy comes pre-packaged with SPR/Fraud.14311606-defined as riskware-thanks Avira Free for nailing this nasty-AVG has it in there database also( I no longer use AVG)Big slow resource hog

my computer is immunized from that site :) and of course the real website for spybot is safer netowrkings or something

Wait a minute guys,

We have to clear this subject.

The link Thomas00 gives, is nothing to do with Spybot Search & Destroy.

SS&D is a great software with Tea Timer and other valuable functions, and you were not in this forum at that time to follow how it recovered from disasters.

"Kill the great man, but don't abuse his right"

Cheers

Archived