IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems suddenly Defrag will work but not optimize

All of a sudden today 04/01/10 --no April fool joke either.

Defrag will work but optimize just hangs up and keeps adding time instead of

proceeding through the optimize scan it is stuck!

I un-installed smart defrag and re-installed it--same problem!

Turned off Security software--no difference.

It is showing 17 hours to do a quick optimize and is stuck.

Any ideas?

Incidentally this all started after going to iobit and allowing freeapp.exe to run to download some applications.

I have since taken them off also.

After Anaysis, close the Report by clicking (X) onthe top right, and choose Defrag Only from drop down menu and then Start button for defragmenting.

How do you use the prt sc key?

Still, screenshots will be helpful to analyse the problem.

Cheers.

Optimize not working

Smart Defrag does do the Defrag section fine, it is the quick optimize and full optimize that fails.

It starts out and then stops suddenly and the time build up to hours and it never goes any further.

The bar seems to stop at different locations and just stays there.

This has just started happening with the new version , however I uninstalled the new version and put back the older version and it still does it.

I am running XP Pro Sp3 with 2 gig of memory and no problems with my system.

I have always like to do the optimization so this bothers me and I cannot understand what has happened.

As Far as inserting a image, how do I do it in this forum, I can do a print screen and save it in word, etc. , but when I click on insert image on this forum it wants me to go to a url?

Hi Derf,

When you reply, click the "Go Advance" button and click "Manage Attachments" button below the reply text box to upload an image from your PC.

I strongly recommend to read the relevant sections of USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.

You can search and find information about similar problems of yours in General Discussion SD section.

Also, there is a lot of information about defragmentation in Think about Defragmentation!!! thread.

Cheers.

defrag but not optimize

There is no way I can capture a image and post it and be within the

allowable limit in KB.

I have read all the data around using smart defrag, all I can say is that since I upgraded to the new version it will not optimize.

Also I wonder since I ran freeagent.exe from IOBIT, could that have messed up the registry?

It looks like other people are also having problems with this also.

Do you agree and is there a problem with the program?

I haven't added anything to my computer other then the last Microsoft patch that came down and I uninstalled that and the problem still exists.

Hi Derf

If your captured screenshot is in .bmp format it will be too large for attaching here. Please change it to .jpg format and you should easily be able to attach it.

The procedure and the how to is explained in Usage of IObit Products - links in my signature.

Try for example "Table of content" and find the post that talks about screenshots and attachments.

Please provide a screenshot.

Cheers

solbjerg

There is no way I can capture a image and post it and be within the

allowable limit in KB.

I have read all the data around using smart defrag, all I can say is that since I upgraded to the new version it will not optimize.

Also I wonder since I ran freeagent.exe from IOBIT, could that have messed up the registry?

It looks like other people are also having problems with this also.

Do you agree and is there a problem with the program?

I haven't added anything to my computer other then the last Microsoft patch that came down and I uninstalled that and the problem still exists.

tried updated smartdefrag

Yes, the updated 1.45 does the same thing, I guess I will just settle for the defrag portion which works ok, cannot figure out why the optimize does not work.

If you read my previous notes, it seemed to stop after I downloaded files from IOBIT using freeagent.exe.

Smart Defrag will not optimize

Actually , already deleted all registry entries and folders associated with smart defrag and IOBIT and then went to different location and downloaded--same result.

Discouraging, but as least the defrag works

Hi Derf

Your problem sounds like it is being caused by some leftovers in the SD folder after the uninstall of the program.

Please read how to do a "Clean Install" in the links in my signature.

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually , already deleted all registry entries and folders associated with smart defrag and IOBIT and then went to different location and downloaded--same result.

Discouraging, but as least the defrag works

Archived