IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Could this be a fake? Advanced System Protector

blacksea

I just downloaded ASP again to see if it would find mallware that IS360 may be have missed. It found 3 threats. 1 Cookie and 2 backdoor-trojan. (See attachment).

Both of the tojans were FP.

I send the 'icon' file to VirusTotal and it was clean. http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/fb7ce96dc0dd8d967a6135fdff3cd51fa4064a100f993f5402f2fc19ed3d6123-1271598789

And I definitely know that Steam is not a Trojan..

But the weird thing here is, is when I try to launch both files.

If I open the 'icon' file, then ASP gives me a alert (see attachment). But nothing happens after all.

But if I open steam trough the file that has been known as threat from ASP, then there is no Alert coming up. Steam just opens.

The first thing what I tought about was that this is done for advertisiment.

Hi itsmejjj,

Im Fine and you?

Well as far as I know ASP does have a good reputation on detection rate, but it has a bad reputation on accuracy.

One time I saved a snapshot on my desktop and named the file jjj.jpg It detected it as a threat. I don't know why actually, but I think ASP also searches for threats by name. Which I think is definitely not good. Can cause alot of FP but can on the other hand it can increase the detection rate.

Btw, did you do a quick scan or a full scan?

If I do a full scan it always scannes over more then 400000+ files sometimes over 500000 files. 63431 is very low. I think you should try a fullscan.

Cheers.

This is very important - the program won't do diddly , in fact, its doing zip all

really. shame thy put out this sort of soft ware?

it seemed impressive

yep i would class it as

looks good but will do nothing ...i installed a couple on easy to find rouge files .

did nothing..or even find them..

but thank you.

no harm from it ..

Archived