IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Noscript

The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Flock, Seamonkey and other mozilla-based browsers: this free, open source add-on allows JavaScript, Java and Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice (e.g. your online bank), and provides the most powerful Anti-XSS protection available in a browser.

my comments :

why one would run java i would wonder about.most of us the normal users never would even know what to do with it..and what it supposed to do for you or I..so why allow it?

but if one is going to this is probably the way to go .add this and allow or disallow..i recommend this i have used it for very long time..

in my case i do not have JAVA installed bar one pc..and i do not even know why?

seems to make no difference to my browsing.bar let out information.

on snooping sites.

so i run this app..

and have yet to see why i would have to run JAVA..

please do not misunderstand my post i know what it can do to so call enhance ones browsing.but i find it very dangerous to allow.and have no personal use for it..

the same as cookies its no use to me personalty to allow them as thy do nothing for me or my system.so i just do not allow them on my system..

same as active X,Flash.and so on. i have no need of it..so again block it..

its all a personal reason why we allow or dismiss..

if one knows what thy Do and why one wants to run these dangerous apps well sure use them

then one would not need this app

STRICT No Script blocker

itsmejjj

Hi jjj,

It is avery good add-on for Firefox etc., because it is needed for the ones who allow scripting in their browser.

Infact, since you don't use scripting at all, Noscript add-on is not needed by you, except that java enabled one PC of yours. :lol:

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

click jacking

-click jacking what is it and how to stop it..

please read here.http://hackademix.net/2008/10/08/hello-clearclick-goodbye-clickjacking/

then install the new model.

i know but that's me hate this sort of thing..and just to lett you here know also.

the rest is if you want to ..???

itsmejjj

a malicious technique of tricking Web users into revealing confidential information or taking control of their computer while clicking on seemingly innocuous Web pages. A vulnerability across a variety of browsers and platforms, a clickjacking takes the form of embedded code or script that can execute without the user's knowledge, such as clicking on a button that appears to perform another function

Protection against clickjacking can be added by installing the NoScript add-on

@@@//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickjacking

a malicious technique of tricking Web users into revealing confidential information or taking control of their computer while clicking on seemingly innocuous Web pages. A vulnerability across a variety of browsers and platforms, a clickjacking takes the form of embedded code or script that can execute without the user's knowledge, such as clicking on a button that appears to perform another function

Protection against clickjacking can be added by installing the NoScript add-on

@@@//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickjacking

Good call pyrath, thank you. :-D

Cheers.

Finally NoScript 1.8.2.1 is out, featuring the announced new anti-clickjacking countermeasures enabled by default, independent from IFRAME and plugin content blocking settings.

please be sure you have the latest model..i read its more than that as it can hijack your browser by just clicking on a page any link.or any part of the browser..

jjj

http://www.pc1news.com/news/0273/be-on-the-look-out-for-new-browser-vulnerability-clickjacking-.html

read here this is more on it..

Archived