IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

13 Files and 3 Directories

I have installed the program and am having a problem with the defrag. The program only recognizes 13 files and 3 directories. I have fixed the directory, uninstalled and reinstalled. No luck. The program recognized my usb drive and worked fine, however, the program will not recognize my internal drive. I have also tried unblocking the program. No luck at all. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

I have exactly the same problem. But the funny thing is that it does not happen under Win 2000 Pro SP4.

(It happens with XP SP2)

It must be some sort of a bug.

So many have written about this problem. It would be helpful if Iobit acknowledged or denied that this is a bug. If it is a bug, such disclosure would advise all to sit back and wait for a fix. If it is not a bug, Iobit should tell us what to do to obtain proper performance. Saying nothing is not the way to go.

Hello guys,

I'm trying to contact Newton and asked for a response.

Unfortunatelly, I can not create the same situation here and I don't know if it is a bug or not.

I have pointed out somewhere else in this forum that the number of files ISD shows, don't match with the reality.

If I can get any clue, I will post it here.

Thanks for the patience!!!

Cheers.

Hi again,

Here is the message from top of IObit:

"Due to the new engine and algorithm, the current ISD does have too many bugs and problems, they are working on it and a new version will be released soon.

The specific problems of ISD pointed out in the forums are forwarded to the concerned person in IObit."

I hope this information is satisfactory!

Cheers.

I am running ISD v. 4.02 on XP-SP2 with a 30GB drive C and 45 GB drive D (partitions on the same HDD). The program loads automatically on start up but I seem to be getting an error message within 10 minutes of logon. The error shows as a pop-up box with the options to Ignore, Restart, or Close. Pressing Ignore or Restart does not help with anything, and only Close does close the program.

Enoskype suggested moving the startup command from registry key HKLM to HKCU and disabling "load automatically" in ISD options (see the following thread:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=3657#post3657 but that did not help and the program still appears to crash within 10 minutes of startup.

I hope the development team will be looking into this problem because at present the program is essentially unusable at least on my XP-SP2 computer and I am getting ready to give the boot to this program especially with the problems others have been reporting, but first I am open to any suggestions someone may have.

Thanks.

How did you install it? As a clean Install? From a folder on your computer or directly from the site?

Did you have version 4.01 beforehand?

I had 4.01 installed. Enoskype recommended upgrading to 4.02, so I downloaded the setup file and ran it. It removed 4.01 and installed 4.02.

I would then suggest that you try to uninstall, delete the folder, clean the registry base and install version 4.02.

Hopefully the blocking of the ISD Install file in your download folder has been removed.

Cheers and a merry christmas to you :-)

I had 4.01 installed. Enoskype recommended upgrading to 4.02, so I downloaded the setup file and ran it. It removed 4.01 and installed 4.02.

I would then suggest that you try to uninstall, delete the folder, clean the registry base and install version 4.02.

Hopefully the blocking of the ISD Install file in your download folder has been removed.

Cheers and a merry christmas to you :-)

I will give it a try. BTW what do you mean by "Hopefully the blocking of the ISD Install file in your download folder has been removed."?

Thanks

You mean you did not notice it?

Ok, right click on the install file and click properties, check that the blocking is not there!

It is there right after you download the file, - and I have found that it is the safest method to remove the blocking before installing in quite a few cases.

I will give it a try. BTW what do you mean by "Hopefully the blocking of the ISD Install file in your download folder has been removed."?

Thanks

You mean you did not notice it?

Ok, right click on the install file and click properties, check that the blocking is not there!

It is there right after you download the file, - and I have found that it is the safest method to remove the blocking before installing in quite a few cases.

If you meant archive (next to hidden and read only), yes I unchecked it.

I also uninstalled, deleted the folder, cleaned the registry and reinstalled. Then I ran the program and tried to run defrag and optimize. After 10 minutes, as before, the thing crashed and I closed it for what I believe is the last time. I have shown almost unlimited patience in solving my computer related problems, but there is a limit even to my patience, and I have had enough of ISD.

Thanks for your help

Archived