IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

its me with the corrupt sfc scan

jsr27

:-(ok im gonna start at the begining. im sure the story will help you help me. i have ran all my scans in elevated admin mode. about two weeks ago my dell inspiron 1525 with windows vista home premium 32bit the hard drive had to be replaced. the boot manager was missing is what dell said and hard drive had to be replaced. so they sent a guy to my house and replaced it . the new hard drive already had my os installed so it had to self extract. took a few minutes and its done. about a week after i was just performing routine mantainence and ran an elevated scf /scannow and it said it fixed some files but there were still corrupt system files and to view cbs logs it said something like the windows installer was missing files and i think the files were msiexec.exe mui

as its still under dell for repair warranty get back in touch with dell for them to fix.

have you run windows update, as you need too.

after a reinstall of a back up image you still have corrupt files, you may have a virus which has also infected the dell image backup, can dell send you a dvd with a fresh image backup on?

have you ran an upto date AV and good anti spyware program like SAS or mbam?

Hi jsr

Have you tried installing Windows Installer again?

Cheers

solbjerg

:-(ok im gonna start at the begining. im sure the story will help you help me. i have ran all my scans in elevated admin mode. about two weeks ago my dell inspiron 1525 with windows vista home premium 32bit the hard drive had to be replaced. the boot manager was missing is what dell said and hard drive had to be replaced. so they sent a guy to my house and replaced it . the new hard drive already had my os installed so it had to self extract. took a few minutes and its done. about a week after i was just performing routine mantainence and ran an elevated scf /scannow and it said it fixed some files but there were still corrupt system files and to view cbs logs it said something like the windows installer was missing files and i think the files were msiexec.exe mui

sfc scan problems

Hi jsr

Have you tried installing Windows Installer again?

Cheers

solbjerg

hey solbjerg thanks for your response! ive already checked everything that everyone else has suggested and your response has interested me the most. it seem like if i remember correctly that somewhere in the middle of all these tests that one of them may have mentioned something about the windows installer files were missing!:shock: if you got anymore info on this topic i would greatly appreciate it:mrgreen: thank you

guys i still need help

hey everyone im still stumped with this corruption of my pc.anyones advice would be of great help. id rather try to fix the problem than have dell slow down the whole situation!!! thanks a ton

Archived