IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Junk Files Clean Problem

Hi,

I have just downloaded Advanced SystemCare (free version 3.6.1) as I have been having problems with a 'slow' PC.

All elements of the software have ran through fine, with the exception of Junk Files Clean. It scans, and scans...and scans. After several hours, the program just dies on me and shows as 'not responding' in Windows Task Manager.

On the first couple of attempts the blue progress bar took an age to advance, but on the latter attempts it gets to the end very quickly...but still keeps scanning and scanning, until it again eventually dies on me.

In Windows Task Manager I've noticed the VM Size has spiked at 400,000+k once it's died. Prior to this it seems to run at 50,000 - 100,000k and CPU Usage for the program is around 50%.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm a relative novice around PC's.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi energyspex

Have you tried using the function in Internet Options in the control panel to get rid of temporary files also?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I have just downloaded Advanced SystemCare (free version 3.6.1) as I have been having problems with a 'slow' PC.

All elements of the software have ran through fine, with the exception of Junk Files Clean. It scans, and scans...and scans. After several hours, the program just dies on me and shows as 'not responding' in Windows Task Manager.

On the first couple of attempts the blue progress bar took an age to advance, but on the latter attempts it gets to the end very quickly...but still keeps scanning and scanning, until it again eventually dies on me.

In Windows Task Manager I've noticed the VM Size has spiked at 400,000+k once it's died. Prior to this it seems to run at 50,000 - 100,000k and CPU Usage for the program is around 50%.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm a relative novice around PC's.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Solbjerg,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, I am already deleting my browsing history (temporary internet files, cookies and history) on a daily basis.

Is there somewhere else where all these files are being kept that are being scanned?

Many thanks

Hi energyspex

Ok, are you sure that your settings are as they should be?

Have you tried a clean install?

Have you read Usage of IObit Products?

How are your computer set up?

How much memory do you have? Free? (in percentage please!)

Do you save a lot of videos or pictures?

Good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, I am already deleting my browsing history (temporary internet files, cookies and history) on a daily basis.

Is there somewhere else where all these files are being kept that are being scanned?

Many thanks

Archived