IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why is Smartdefrag so different from Auslogics?

Hi everybody,

I know that Smartdefrag is still being developed. And as an experienced beta tester I know that problems will always arise. That not the issue. The problem is that nobody pays attention to beta testers and to what they report. A good example:

"13 files and three directories with 0 fragmented files." Everybody knows what I am talking about.

Right after defragging with Smartdefrag(3 seconds after) I used Auslogics with the following results:

Total files: 1,288,976

Total directories: 25,225

Fragmented files: 561

Defragmented files: 561

Skipped files: 0

Fragmentation before: 1.71%

Fragmentation after: 0.00%

To me it looks quite different from those 13 files, 3 directories and 0 files fragmented!!!??

I still think Smartdefrag is better and can prove it but why nobody is paying any attention to the beta testers.

Don't give me an explanation such as "bad install":) ...if so, why is Auslogics running smoothly?

Hi everybody,

I know that Smartdefrag is still being developed. And as an experienced beta tester I know that problems will always arise. That not the issue. The problem is that nobody pays attention to beta testers and to what they report. A good example:

"13 files and three directories with 0 fragmented files." Everybody knows what I am talking about.

Right after defragging with Smartdefrag(3 seconds after) I used Auslogics with the following results:

Total files: 1,288,976

Total directories: 25,225

Fragmented files: 561

Defragmented files: 561

Skipped files: 0

Fragmentation before: 1.71%

Fragmentation after: 0.00%

To me it looks quite different from those 13 files, 3 directories and 0 files fragmented!!!??

I still think Smartdefrag is better and can prove it but why nobody is paying any attention to the beta testers.

Don't give me an explanation such as "bad install":) ...if so, why is Auslogics running smoothly?

Similar experience comparing SmartDefrag vs. Window's defrager.

SmartDefrag

I have used SmartDefrag and this program works perfect!!. Its capabilities made my computer to work quicker and I think that this program although its a beta version it works better than other relevant programs. I have suggested it to my friends and also I suggest it to everyone who wants a fast working computer.

yanvasgrc

8)

• 2 years later...

Hi MacPeter

Is it a problem??

Different defraggers have different parameters and running two after each other will yield different results - also if you reverse the order in which they are run.

Cheers

solbjerg

How do you explain that so many users have this problem?

We did not make it up.:)

By the way, are you running XP or Vista?

Archived