IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

1.51 Broken

Having use GB since beta I've been very happy with the software, even a few bugs like 1.5 not remembering certain services and apps was no big deal as it only took a few seconds to redo. Now however 1.51 will not restart about 50% of the services when I go back to normal mode.

Services and apps that do not restart include sidebar. PowerDVD 8 remote control service, Acronis task manager and various others. The only way to get them back is to manually start each exe or start the service from the service manager, although restarting the PC is quicker.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem still remains.

It is a shame as I loved GB but have now uninstalled it. Will check later to see if I can find an older version to go back to.

BTW i am using Win7 64

I am having the same issue, and the services that do restart don't restart in the tray, the programs pop up on the destop and I have to minimize them to the tray. I could live with the not remembering but I have to restart the computer to restart all of the services. I really like the Game Booster program please fix this soon.

Thanks

LarryT

Running winXP 32

Even with explorer.exe left running the problem persists. GB 1.51 will still not reopen most apps/services after switching back to normal mode.

Sidebar/Gadgets I could live with as it's easy to reopen from the desktop but programs such as Objectdock , PowerDVD remote service, and Acronis task Scheduler plus the others are a pain to find and start manually so it's quicker to restart the PC.

I have rolled back to 1.5 and all is working again as before, just wish I could get rid of the annoying free update pop-up now.

Anyway V2 beta is apparently out this month so I can wait :grin:

Hi happyslayeruk (and others with problems)

Has a "Clean Install" been tried?

Sometimes leftovers from the previous install can be the cause of strange problems after an install "over the top".

Procedure of a clean install is explained in Usage of IObit products - links in my signature.

Cheers

solbjerg

Even with explorer.exe left running the problem persists. GB 1.51 will still not reopen most apps/services after switching back to normal mode.

Sidebar/Gadgets I could live with as it's easy to reopen from the desktop but programs such as Objectdock , PowerDVD remote service, and Acronis task Scheduler plus the others are a pain to find and start manually so it's quicker to restart the PC.

I have rolled back to 1.5 and all is working again as before, just wish I could get rid of the annoying free update pop-up now.

Anyway V2 beta is apparently out this month so I can wait :grin:

Hi happyslayeruk

It is a wise move to check if the program folder is deleted or empty after an uninstall - even with good uninstall programs.

But nice to meet a prudent and intelligent member :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

Yes Problems first appeared when I upgraded, I then did a complete uninstall using iobit uninstall :smile: then reinstalling and problems still remain.

I'm happy to stick with 1.5 for now and will wait for V2 beta :-)

Folder was deleted after uninstall, I also deleted all references to GB in the registry but problems still persist after installing V1.51. Everything works perfectly when I revert back to V1.5.

As I said before I'll stick with V1.5 until V2 beta.

Just thought I'd add that I still love the program, the bugs could be down to my system but maybe not as V1.5 works perfectly. :-D

Hi happyslayeruk

Sagacious approach :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Folder was deleted after uninstall, I also deleted all references to GB in the registry but problems still persist after installing V1.51. Everything works perfectly when I revert back to V1.5.

As I said before I'll stick with V1.5 until V2 beta.

Just thought I'd add that I still love the program, the bugs could be down to my system but maybe not as V1.5 works perfectly. :-D

Hi OrangeKing

That seems to work like that by me too

Do you have ASC installed too? Do you have Gamebooster configured to start with start of Windows?

The settings in Gamebooster seems to leave something to be desired.

Thanks for noticing!

Cheers

solbjerg

I also have an issue with 1.51 but for me the issue is that when Gamebooster minimizes to tray it just closes in stead of opening the tray version

Services and apps that do not restart include sidebar. PowerDVD 8 remote control service, Acronis task manager and various others. The only way to get them back is to manually start each exe or start the service from the service manager, although restarting the PC is quicker.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem still remains.

It is a shame as I loved GB but have now uninstalled it. Will check later to see if I can find an older version to go back to.

BTW i am using Win7 64

Win Vista 64 here - same problem.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest moonhp91

Re: 1.51 Broken

I am having the same issue, and the services that do restart don't restart in the tray, the programs pop up on the destop and I have to minimize them to the tray. I could live with the not remembering but I have to restart the computer to restart all of the services. I really like the Game Booster program please fix it soon.

NEXT LINK WILL BE THE REASON FOR YOU TO BE BANNED

enoskype

Archived