IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC PROP Has Gone From My Laptop

Ladybbird

Hi Ladybird

If some of your security applications have a false positive you may have accepted to get ASC cleaned from your computer.

Install it again and whitelist it in your security programs.

There is nothing dangerous in the program (ASC), but it does have a file to identify you if you have the pro version - and some security programs (mostly the not too smart ones that are run solely by machine parameters without much checking by humans.) see this as a threat- this is a false positive!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hallo

ASC has gone from my laptop today, I do not know why, It is normally on my taskbar and it is not there nor in my programs or control panel.

I have done a search on my system but it has completely gone :-(

HELP

Thanks

Hi Ladybird

If some of your security applications have a false positive you may have accepted to get ASC cleaned from your computer.

Install it again and whitelist it in your security programs.

There is nothing dangerous in the program (ASC), but it does have a file to identify you if you have the pro version - and some security programs (mostly the not too smart ones that are run solely by machine parameters without much checking by humans.) see this as a threat- this is a false positive!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg nice to chat with you again, I am a bit of a DUH with computers can you please give me the link where I can download the PRO again. When I go on to the site it asks me to pay again or else download the free trial version which is not the PRO.

I have AVAST PRO and recently did a full scan with it, it may have wiped ASCPRO and MS Security Essentials as that is gone also. I am downloading that again. How do I stop AVAST doing this again. Thanks so much, you are supa dupa. I have made a thread on my site highly recommending ASC to all our members.

http://www.aaafta.com/forum/computer-help-discussions/20330-advanced-system-care-what-gem-must-download.html

Hi Ladybird

Likewise lady :-)

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=48965#post48965

Post #1. there is a link to ASC version 3.7

Your username is usually your mail-address and then you have a mail from IObit with both your username and your code - unless you have deleted that mail you recieved from IObit for your pro version.

If you don't have it please write support@iobit.com and explain your situation or find the contact information for this situation on IObit homesite.

Please also read Usage of IObit Products - links in my signature.

I like people who doesn't profess themselves to be experts - after all it is mostly these people we want to try to help.

About Anti-virus programs - only use one! Otherwise they may conflict.

I myself use Microsoft Security Essentials and find it sufficient for my needs and light on resources AND it runs without bothering me all the time!!

The pro and the free versions are the same download, but your code and username are needed for the pro version to activate the pro functions in the program.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg nice to chat with you again, I am a bit of a DUH with computers can you please give me the link where I can download the PRO again. When I go on to the site it asks me to pay again or else download the free trial version which is not the PRO.

I have AVAST PRO and recently did a full scan with it, it may have wiped ASCPRO and MS Security Essentials as that is gone also. I am downloading that again. How do I stop AVAST doing this again. Thanks so much, you are supa dupa. I have made a thread on my site highly recommending ASC to all our members.

http://www.aaafta.com/forum/computer-help-discussions/20330-advanced-system-care-what-gem-must-download.html

Thanks soooooooooooooo much, downloaded with your link and it auto upgraded me to PRO as I had before, didnt need my licence number, so nice to see it back on my taskbar. It is well worth the money. xxx

The reason I am DUH is I fractured my skull a couple of years ago and lost a lot of my memory, the short term is still very damaged so even when you teach me something I will never remember it most times.

Thanks again and I will remember your tip about AVAST not being necessary with MS essentials. Wish I had known that before I had wasted my $$$$ :lol:

Hi Ladybird

You are very welcome - glad it works again!

The main thing about antivirus programs is that you shouldn't run more than one program, which one you choose is up to you.

I would advise you to uninstall the one you don't need with either IObit UnInstaller or Revo UnInstaller in the advanced mode to get rid of superfluous residue (leftovers).

Sorry to hear about your plight - hope it gets better in time.

Car accident?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks soooooooooooooo much, downloaded with your link and it auto upgraded me to PRO as I had before, didnt need my licence number, so nice to see it back on my taskbar. It is well worth the money. xxx

The reason I am DUH is I fractured my skull a couple of years ago and lost a lot of my memory, the short term is still very damaged so even when you teach me something I will never remember it most times.

Thanks again and I will remember your tip about AVAST not being necessary with MS essentials. Wish I had known that before I had wasted my $$$$ :lol:

Archived