IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Kind of malware definitions

sebatbg

Hi there

I want to ask about virus definition...

Currently I've got def version 1812 and fingerprint 167654.

I'm not sure how should I "read" them...

What is fingerprint? It reminds all malware definitions that are currently present in application database...but 167654 is a little...small for me...

Are the definitions "normal" or "familly" I remember that SuperAntispyware detect around 1 million...

Could someone explain it to me...?

BTW:

I dont want to start a new thread so I'm gonna ask here...

I've got iobit toolbox with integrated iobit 360 free(I've installed it on my pc and then copy the right files to toolbox folder with overwritting the exe file...and simply uninstall disc instalation...)

I remember that all toolbox is free for private and commercial...but 360 free isn't...

It seems that I could use toolbox for commercial purposes but I can't run 360 free from the toolbox in company...Am I right, or it's looking some other way...

Best regards

Re: Kind of malware definitions

Hi sebatbg

I suppose you know that none of IObit products is an anti-virus program?

Several of them probably contains some virus definitions but they are NOT an anti-virus program.

What version are you using?

Concerning IS360 - you have to have the program installed to use it - and it does have a free version.

IS360 definition files contain almost 4.7 million bytes - I guess most of them other malware than virusdefinitions.

One of the really fine things about IObit is that they provide a wealth of programs for free that can help caring for your computer. That is what made me hang out here and translate their programs - toolbox is a large job - so it will take me a while - I don't have the time for a full time commitment. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi there

I want to ask about virus definition...

Currently I've got def version 1812 and fingerprint 167654.

I'm not sure how should I "read" them...

What is fingerprint? It reminds all malware definitions that are currently present in application database...but 167654 is a little...small for me...

Are the definitions "normal" or "familly" I remember that SuperAntispyware detect around 1 million...

Could someone explain it to me...?

BTW:

I dont want to start a new thread so I'm gonna ask here...

I've got iobit toolbox with integrated iobit 360 free(I've installed it on my pc and then copy the right files to toolbox folder with overwritting the exe file...and simply uninstall disc instalation...)

I remember that all toolbox is free for private and commercial...but 360 free isn't...

It seems that I could use toolbox for commercial purposes but I can't run 360 free from the toolbox in company...Am I right, or it's looking some other way...

Best regards

IS360 to be used seperately!

Hi sebatbg,

IS360 is an independent program and only integrated as a link in IObit Toolbox.

It should be used outside of the IObit Toolbox folder in it's own folder.

The updates may corrupt the installation which would need clean -uninstall&install.

IS360 is Free for Home/Non-commercial Use.

Cheers.

Re: IS360 to be used seperately!

Thanks for quick answers

I know that 360 free is not an antivirus and SuperAntispyware isn't too...

Hi sebatbg,

IS360 is an independent program and only integrated as a link in IObit Toolbox.

It should be used outside of the IObit Toolbox folder in it's own folder.

The updates may corrupt the installation which would need clean -uninstall&install.

IS360 is Free for Home/Non-commercial Use.

Cheers.

Yes... i know that its integrated only as a link...but if toolbox is portable then link to 360 free is without a sense...

If my friend has a problem with his computer...

Will I be going to him with a toolbox and then installing 360 free?

Better way is to join 360 free with toolbox by extracting him to the toolbox folder, and then run...after that its required only to update database...

Well if someone want to have all in one there s a good thing to do...

Its a fine way because for me its working great...no updates error, no problems...

Best regards

Re: IS360 to be used seperately!

Hi sebatbg

Well - in the sense of IObit not wanting to bloat the Toolbox too much I think it makes sense. After all it is not too hard to download IS360 or for that matter ASC , there is always the chance that the user may grow so fond of the programs that they buy the pro versions :-)

That would make perfect corporate sense :-)

At this time the Toolbox is about 15 MB in zipped size about 30 MB unzipped, when all translations are in it will be somewhat larger..

IS360 install file is about 10 MB.

ASC install file is around 7 MB

Those two programs do much of the same as the toolbox but the smart thing about the toolbox is that it is a portable help for fixing several "problems" for others without installing anything.

Very kind of IObit to provide that opportunity for free I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for quick answers

I know that 360 free is not an antivirus and SuperAntispyware isn't too...

Yes... i know that its integrated only as a link...but if toolbox is portable then link to 360 free is without a sense...

If my friend has a problem with his computer...

Will I be going to him with a toolbox and then installing 360 free?

Better way is to join 360 free with toolbox by extracting him to the toolbox folder, and then run...after that its required only to update database...

Well if someone want to have all in one there s a good thing to do...

Its a fine way because for me its working great...no updates error, no problems...

Best regards

Re: Kind of malware definitions

With all application included my toolbox has 70 MB and zipped 25...

You're right that most of users will become pro users...but there's no problem with upgrade 360free from the toolbox level...

Maybe you're right...

I'm too sensitive in portable application.In my PC i use only portable software because i don't want my registry to grow and crash.

I understand that there are users who just want to use programm without playing 1 hour with configuration...

Anyway theres one thing that I'm sure of it...IObit toolbox is the best thing I've ever meet with my IT adventure...IObit is just great...

Best regards

Archived