IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

is my hard drive useable?

Metalace

Ive been thinking about putting another hd into this pc to do a dual os boot from. Only problem is the 2 hds im not using have been dropped. When you pick the hds up and turn / twist them you can hear the disk turning inside. Are those still usable or fixable?

if you try them place them on a small box next to the system,make sure the power is of.plug them in.the Mian C:/cable REMOVE YOUR BOOTING drive, replace 1 of them....boot the pc..and listen for any clanking nose.or scrapping nose.then look at the screen .no boot or drive found..

if you hear any funny sounds .cut the power of.

it sounds like the its risky thing to do .there should be no movement inside a DRIVE at all ,thats is why you are asking..you know that..

,look i don't know i probably would not bother...or risk this..something shorting out? and may make you a lot of problems..i had one time the wire melt (cable) faulty drive,and jon fast thinking ranked it from the pc..saving it.from damage...

ok if you want to risk it...be sure

if there is no funny sounds made,by the drive,insert a cd boot and format it..

then when done use iobit def rag to check the disk thy may be ok?

ok one thing unplug every other cable .so only the drive is in.try it .

then risk the the cd drive and hope all is well.

itsmejjj

Archived