IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Installed ASC pro, can't send email via web client or access bank website [SOLVED]

sarah

We installed ASC Pro on Sept 20, 2010 and experienced great improvement on startup speed, browsing speed, etc. as promised. However, since then we have not been able to send email through a work email web client (Zimbra) on either Firefox or IE. (We can send email from Gmail.)

In addition, we can't access our bank website.

In both cases, it looks like the server connection is timing out or refused.

Thinking the problem was just "old computer syndrome," we've updated BIOS, upgraded memory and generally cleaned up the machine since, to no avail. Now we are beyond our 20 days of saved rollback points and still have the problem. Tried exiting ASC, tried uninstalling ASC. Neither works. I am wondering if there isn't a firewall setting changed somewhere.

Any ideas? We are at our wits end with this one...

FWIW, the first time I tried to post this from the affected computer, this posting also did not go through, so I had to send from another computer...

Hi sarah

Have you tried the Clean Install approach? Link to description in my signature.

Furthermore please read Usage of IObit Products and pay special attention to the System optimize section and the procedure to place needed applications in the Ignore list.

Good luck!!

Cheers

solbjerg

We installed ASC Pro on Sept 20, 2010 and experienced great improvement on startup speed, browsing speed, etc. as promised. However, since then we have not been able to send email through a work email web client (Zimbra) on either Firefox or IE. (We can send email from Gmail.)

In addition, we can't access our bank website.

In both cases, it looks like the server connection is timing out or refused.

Thinking the problem was just "old computer syndrome," we've updated BIOS, upgraded memory and generally cleaned up the machine since, to no avail. Now we are beyond our 20 days of saved rollback points and still have the problem. Tried exiting ASC, tried uninstalling ASC. Neither works. I am wondering if there isn't a firewall setting changed somewhere.

Any ideas? We are at our wits end with this one...

FWIW, the first time I tried to post this from the affected computer, this posting also did not go through, so I had to send from another computer...

Thanks for your rapid response!

The install was clean, as it was the first time I installed IOBit and I always exit all applications before installing anything. I just reinstalled it (using the utility for removing residual files) and did examine each file. However, as you suspected, the first time I ran ASC Pro, I just clicked the big blue button (thinking ASC was just a one click solution out of the gate).

After running the newly, cleanly reinstalled ASC Pro, I am still having the problems. All of the problems are related to web browsing - sending email, submitting forms, logging in to websites. For example, I cannot post a response to this forum from the affected computer. When I submit the form, I get a blank page.

The most critical is being able to send email for work through the web email client Zimbra. When I try to send, I get this message:

Cannot connect to server.msg: Cannot connect to server.

code: EMPTY_RESPONSE

method: SendMsgRequest

detail:

trace:

request:

Any idea how I can fix these things?

Many thanks.

Hi sarah

Is there anything in your ignore list (ASC/Options/ignore list) or is there anything in your restore center?

Have you tried the function internet optimizing for all browsers in ASC?

In the control panel /internet options/advanced you have the opportunity to make all settings the default ones, but are warned that you should only do this if you have trouble using it.

I have never tried it, therefore I don't know if it works, but it sounds like a possibility in your case I think.

Perhaps better wait for someone that knows about these things :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for your rapid response!

The install was clean, as it was the first time I installed IOBit and I always exit all applications before installing anything. I just reinstalled it (using the utility for removing residual files) and did examine each file. However, as you suspected, the first time I ran ASC Pro, I just clicked the big blue button (thinking ASC was just a one click solution out of the gate).

After running the newly, cleanly reinstalled ASC Pro, I am still having the problems. All of the problems are related to web browsing - sending email, submitting forms, logging in to websites. For example, I cannot post a response to this forum from the affected computer. When I submit the form, I get a blank page.

The most critical is being able to send email for work through the web email client Zimbra. When I try to send, I get this message:

Cannot connect to server.msg: Cannot connect to server.

code: EMPTY_RESPONSE

method: SendMsgRequest

detail:

trace:

request:

Any idea how I can fix these things?

Many thanks.

Archived