IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

This Feature Is Missing!

I'd like to be able to automatically run Smart Defrag every night at a predetermined time, which it is already capable of doing. WHAT IS LACKING, however, is the means to automatically shut down the computer when the defrag is finished each night. This option appears nowhere in the scheduling setup.

I realize automatic shutdown can be done when in the Defrag Now screen, but this option is unavailable in the automatic Scheduling Setup Screens.

Hi ronfrye

Yes this possibility has been mentioned a couple of times before, so IObit should be aware of it.

Why they haven't changed it I don't know, perhaps there are difficulties in implementing it??

At least there is also a setting that ignores defrag setting if the computer is in use - could there be a possible conflict here?

Only IObit developers can answer the question I think.

Are your habits so ingrained that you can set it to defrag at the same time every day/week?

Cheers

solbjerg

I'd like to be able to automatically run Smart Defrag every night at a predetermined time, which it is already capable of doing. WHAT IS LACKING, however, is the means to automatically shut down the computer when the defrag is finished each night. This option appears nowhere in the scheduling setup.

I realize automatic shutdown can be done when in the Defrag Now screen, but this option is unavailable in the automatic Scheduling Setup Screens.

Hi ronfrye

Yes this possibility has been mentioned a couple of times before, so IObit should be aware of it.

Why they haven't changed it I don't know, perhaps there are difficulties in implementing it??

At least there is also a setting that ignores defrag setting if the computer is in use - could there be a possible conflict here?

Only IObit developers can answer the question I think.

Are your habits so ingrained that you can set it to defrag at the same time every day/week?

Cheers

solbjerg

Should be able to write a batch file for this...., something like..

copy below to a batch file, call this instead of the program, it "should" work, ive not tested it though...

ECHO OFF

c:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe /Schedule

shutdown /m \\yourcomputernamehere /d p:0:0

Archived