IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Main Window will not Restore!

Do you install it on top of the already installed program?

Or do you do an absolutely clean install?

Cheers

The past 2 versions 4.02 and 4.03 after using it once when I try to restore the main window it will not fully open so i can see the controls. I have to everytime reinstall the program so as to fully restore the mainscreen.

The original install was a clean install. All other installs automatically uninstalls the previous program first before it installs the new version! But always after the initial use of the program, the main program window opens so small that it is impossible to see the buttons to run it. My OS is Vista Ultimate.

Yes it automatically uninstalls the previous program, - but it doesn't remove the folder or generated files in the folder - this sometimes cause trouble.

Cheers

The original install was a clean install. All other installs automatically uninstalls the previous program first before it installs the new version! But always after the initial use of the program, the main program window opens so small that it is impossible to see the buttons to run it. My OS is Vista Ultimate.

Ok, I did as you said and deleted everything, including the directory, folders and any trace. I reinstalled the program and after using initially the same problem would happen and the main window will just open in a very small fraction of the original size, making it unable to see anything on it.

This would not have been the problem anyway since it happens after the very first time the program was ever installed onto the computer.

Did you configure "details" before running the "repair", the optimization is trying to use as few kilobytes as possible, and if you do not configure the details, it may make the changes you are talking about.

There are 3 tabs to look under in "System optimizarion" configere them all.

As soon as you have configured it you do not need to do it again if you have put what you want to keep in the "Ignore List"

To get the previous settings back, try right clicking "My Computer"

choose "Properties" then the tab "Advanced" ander under "Performance" the button "Settings" and choose "Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer".

Let's see if that helps!

Cheers

Ok, I did as you said and deleted everything, including the directory, folders and any trace. I reinstalled the program and after using initially the same problem would happen and the main window will just open in a very small fraction of the original size, making it unable to see anything on it.

This would not have been the problem anyway since it happens after the very first time the program was ever installed onto the computer.

Hi samr!

Your are right, I hadn't realized where I was obviously!

Regarding the resolution:

I haven't experienced what you describe - and I am running resolution 800x600, (my eyes are getting old also - and I haven't yet decided to get a bigger screen)

But you might be right, - I remember that there were some who had that problem,

But enoskype is far better than me to investigate such questions.

I'll put this in the post to show my mistake.

Thanks samr

Cheers

solbjerg

Quote:

Originally Posted by samr

Hi solbjerg,

I was reading your reply to the post "Main window will not restore". I think he is talking about Smart Defrag & you are talking about AWC.

One thought: could this problem be related to the earlier versions that would cut off part of the window if using smaller than 1024 X 768 resolution? I remember that if using this setting, when the program was installed it showed whole window, but once minimized it never came back to full view. Part of the window was covered up. Just a thought!

samr.

太阳山 (solbjerg)

Did you configure "details" before running the "repair", the optimization is trying to use as few kilobytes as possible, and if you do not configure the details, it may make the changes you are talking about.

There are 3 tabs to look under in "System optimizarion" configere them all.

As soon as you have configured it you do not need to do it again if you have put what you want to keep in the "Ignore List"

To get the previous settings back, try right clicking "My Computer"

choose "Properties" then the tab "Advanced" ander under "Performance" the button "Settings" and choose "Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer".

Let's see if that helps!

Cheers

Thanks enoskype! The program you suggested ResizeEnable does work. The only problem is that ResizeEnable does not automatically startup with windows so you will have to manually restart the program each time before you try to open the main window of Smart Defrag.

Hopefully Smart Defrag will be fixed so that the window will open normally on its own.

Hi soullvx,

Temporarily you can put a shortcut of "ResizeEnableRunner.exe" into your Startup folder to start it automatically when Windows start, usually at:

C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

[User], being you as a user.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Me Too small window problem have Vista 64

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum but have been using IObit SmartDefrag Beta for sometime and have the latest version. I have a Vista 64 bit pc and on both 4.02 and 4.03 after about two uses the window size drops to too small a size and won't restore please see attachment.

Like others I have to remove and reinstall then to get back to a normal sizeable window. I have previously done a cleanish reinstall with no change, but will now uninstall, remove directory and do a registry clean, and then install. cheers BarbershopJohn

• 1 month later...

I managed to fix the resizing issue by changing the compatibility setting for the .exe to use WindowsXP Service Pack 2, and to disable visual themes (not sure which one of those is causing the issue, but now works fine for me). Can be found by looking the properties of the .exe

Am using Vista64 ultimate.

Great little program by the way!

Cheers

Archived