IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Breaks Steam- Several Confirmed Cases

jasonelmore

Advanced System Care Pro owner here. Just bought my license last week, and love the program.

However the next day i tried to get on Steam (Valve's popular Online Gaming Hub/Store) and i could not get it to come up. Steam kept saying "Cannot Connect to Steam Network"

I dont run any kind of router, or external firewall, plus steam would connect and update files when i deleted a "Client Registry.blob" file, however it would not connect and launch the program.

I google the problem and come across several steam support threads that mention "Uninstall Advanced System Care" as a troubleshooting step.

I just now uninstalled and what do you know?, Steam starts working again. Several ppl in numerous threads also confirm that ASC was what was causing the problem.

Now i love your program IOBit, but please have a look at why your program is interferring with Steam. I just paid money for a great program, but I forced to make a choice between gaming, or pc cleanup software.

Here are the reference Steam threads i'm speaking of:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666141

Around Page 4, steam moderators come in and suggest ppl disable ASC if they have it installed and you can figure out the rest by just reading.

Please IOBit, fix your bug that prevents Steam from Connecting. Some say your program is incorrectly flagging steam as a Malicious program, but i'm no expert.

Thanks

steam servers busy

what may be the issue is that winsock needs reset. what i did is under adm privileges went to command screen typed netsh winsock reset (enter) , and rebooted an it worked. i am using windows vista. good luck8:)

Alas, my trusty ASC Pro broke my Steam as well. I have spent the last week not being able to play Civ 5 or Fallout: New Vegas. I have gone through multiple uninstalls and arcane registry edits. Simply uninstalling ASC fixed my Steam problem. I hope that you guys get a fix for this soonest. I miss my ASC already! (Not as much as I missed my games though. lol )

Hi peastoyou too

I am visualizing whirled peas - doesn't seem to help though. :-)

Sorry for the trouble you are in - (hope it will be fixed soon, - but they are very busy at IObit at the moment.)

Glory halleluja :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Alas, my trusty ASC Pro broke my Steam as well. I have spent the last week not being able to play Civ 5 or Fallout: New Vegas. I have gone through multiple uninstalls and arcane registry edits. Simply uninstalling ASC fixed my Steam problem. I hope that you guys get a fix for this soonest. I miss my ASC already! (Not as much as I missed my games though. lol )

• 1 month later...

ASC pro sucks STEAM

Looks like recent UPDATE may be too blame:

http://www.planetphillip.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1328

re install updated ASC

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=144210.0

I have to say though, that I tried uninstalling ASC, re doing Steam (since I had uninstalled it twice), got back on into steam; than RE Installed ASC....and SAME problem. I do not know WHERE in ASC to block this issue so good luck. Only thing I can find is just to completely uninstall ASC (pro)

They have never been so sorry or busy to waste any time posting my payment to them. Tell them to fix this bug or I will never use ASC pro again and I have been using it for almost 2 yrs. I am also going to post on gaming blogs how gamer unfriendly this ASC pro is w steam.

You cant even disable it! Whats the point of all the "gamer" software to have a major flaw like this!

I tried the "bug

thing and that didnt work either. Besides the fact you need a degree in engineering to fix it. I bought the program for convenience; not to cause MORE problems, and spend hours trying to "pick up" after it.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling everything, only to find a few things on steam that could have caused "wont connect" (routers, dc virus, spyware blocker, etc) I tried disabling ASC pro and there is no way to do that, as I have taken it off "startup" program. However, ONCE you remove ASC it works (steam) fine.

Time to look for a new optimizer, but you can tell the busy little bees that I will not be too busy to warn other gamers as to this little "flaw"

very "P" off:twisted:

Which version of ASC3 were you using?

The most recent one is ASC 3.7.3 (.738) (December 17, 2010) of which you can find the download link in Advanced SystemCare 3.7.3 is released thread.

That issue concerned bugged version of Network Monitor in ASC 3.72.

IObit has taken out Network Monitor Beta1 from ASC because of the bugs in that program.

Cheers.

Archived