IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GameBooster 2.0 restores isn't restoring my Win 7 gadgets

Axis

Prior to this latest release, when I would go back to normal mode all of my active gadgets would restart and things would be fine. Since the 3.0 update my gadgets wont restore. Once I go to gaming mode and then back to normal mode I can just kiss them goodbye until I reboot or relog. Not fun.

I deinstalled the program and eliminated all traces of it from my pc (settings, registry etc.) and then reinstalled and it seems to be working fine again. In a nutshell, before when I went into game mode and yes, sidebar.exe was in there and checked off, things would shut down fine but after going back to normal mode, sidebar.exe would not launch and pull up the gadgets I had running. Now it's not an issue after doing what I said above.

Well the problem is back, switching to Game Mode seems to work initially. I use Game Mode and then go back to Normal Mode and my sidebar.exe starts up and the gadgets return. Then later on, with no real rhyme or reason, I use Game Mode again and the sidebar won't start up when I return to Normal Mode. After that happens the only way to get it running is to log off or restart. I check Game Booster and sidebar.exe is not in the list after returning to Normal Mode. So the problem is still there.

Hi Axis

If you have it in your services - services.msc in Run - then just start it there perhaps as automatic if that is what you want.

See if it remembers it then, otherwise we will have to let IObit take a look at that glitch.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well the problem is back, switching to Game Mode seems to work initially. I use Game Mode and then go back to Normal Mode and my sidebar.exe starts up and the gadgets return. Then later on, with no real rhyme or reason, I use Game Mode again and the sidebar won't start up when I return to Normal Mode. After that happens the only way to get it running is to log off or restart. I check Game Booster and sidebar.exe is not in the list after returning to Normal Mode. So the problem is still there.

• 1 month later...

Archived