IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

message on boot

rickoh

Ok....I'll stop bugging everyone after this one....

If I go to toolbox...>>system control>>system settings>>user login>>messages........and created a 'cute' message that shows up when I log into windows. Now I would like to change it...or get rid of it completely but I cant do it. If I attempt to change it....or make the box empty....it is still there when I reboot. Is there someplace in the registry I can get rid of it?.

dont know if this makes a difference....I run windows 7 ultimate x64

thanks....

Hi rickoh

One must remember that IObit Toolbox is not installed. (portable)

But if you go to the toolbox folder - open it and choose the folder "Logo" and then the file "customize" you should be able to change it there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok....I'll stop bugging everyone after this one....

If I go to toolbox...>>system control>>system settings>>user login>>messages........and created a 'cute' message that shows up when I log into windows. Now I would like to change it...or get rid of it completely but I cant do it. If I attempt to change it....or make the box empty....it is still there when I reboot. Is there someplace in the registry I can get rid of it?.

dont know if this makes a difference....I run windows 7 ultimate x64

thanks....

Hi solbjerg,

The message box concerned is the one in Windows startup, I suppose. :smile:

It is in:

Toolbox=>Control=>System Control=>Security=>User Logon=>Messages tab=>Notification Before Logon=>Show message before logon. checkbox

=>Header:

=>Content:

BTW, there is also a bug in the Logo section that you mention.

When IObit Toolbox is opened next time, the Edited Title will not show unless you change the location of logo.png.:roll:

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Thank you!

The name changing function is as you say wobbly - it has happened that it changed the name without changing the picture, but usually it does need that too.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

The message box concerned is the one in Windows startup, I suppose. :smile:

It is in:

Toolbox=>Control=>System Control=>Security=>User Logon=>Messages tab=>Notification Before Logon=>Show message before logon. checkbox

=>Header:

=>Content:

BTW, there is also a bug in the Logo section that you mention.

When IObit Toolbox is opened next time, the Edited Title will not show unless you change the location of logo.png.:roll:

Cheers.

still no go

I moved logo.png......and then even deleted it....but the original message is still there. If I try to change it....or even leave the message box blank....it is 'still' there on boot.

would it help to uninstall everything to do with iobit....(asc and toolbox) and start all over?

getting styffled now...

ok...I uninstalled asc...I removed toolbox...and rebooted. That silly message is still there. I checked bootlog...used hijack this....ran msconfgi and set to 'no gui'....and it is still there. It shows up just before my login screen...and I have to click 'ok' and then my login screen opens up.

It must be a hidden file someplace in my 1.5 tb hd....

I hate to do a format of my hd just to get rid of this message.

Do you think it is classified as a splash screen and I could search for splash screan remover program of some type?...

I dont shut down my computer that often...but it just irks me that I cant find it and remove it.

Hi rickoh

Have you tried changing the picture?

By me it remembers changing the picture, but the message I create isn't shown next time it opens, it is shown in the box but not in the window unless I change the picture and leave the text empty - then there is the picture followed by the text Toolbox - that is fine with me.

Cheers

solbjerg

ok...I uninstalled asc...I removed toolbox...and rebooted. That silly message is still there. I checked bootlog...used hijack this....ran msconfgi and set to 'no gui'....and it is still there. It shows up just before my login screen...and I have to click 'ok' and then my login screen opens up.

It must be a hidden file someplace in my 1.5 tb hd....

I hate to do a format of my hd just to get rid of this message.

Do you think it is classified as a splash screen and I could search for splash screan remover program of some type?...

I dont shut down my computer that often...but it just irks me that I cant find it and remove it.

OK rickoh,

There may be a protection for registry edition by softwares in your PC, so try to do it manually.

Type regedit after you open Run... in Start and Enter.

Please tell me what are the Data values for the below Registry Entries at:

Registry Editor window

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

LegalNoticeCaption :

LegalNoticeText :

Modify them to no value (empty) if the values are what you have entered in System Control of IObit Toolbox.

Restart the PC and see if the header and the content of the notice text is there.

Please give us feedback .

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

regedit

(regedit dosnt scare me)....

anyway...I went to the regedit setting you suggest...and there was no text in there. It was blank.

something I cant figure out...if I do a 'find' and type the first 4 or 5 words of the text that is on that page.....nothing shows up.

hmmmm.....

legal notice text

YES!!!!! I found it!!.. now...my computer might be a bit different from everyone elses...but I found that Legal Text...not in Windows NT...but in windows. I deleted the text and my problem went away....whew...ok..here is where I found it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

let me know if you find that entry on your registry ....thanks ever so much for the help....now...I can sleeeeeepp...

• 2 weeks later...

Ref:message on boot

OK rickoh,

There may be a protection for registry edition by softwares in your PC, so try to do it manually.

Type regedit after you open Run... in Start and Enter.

Please tell me what are the Data values for the below Registry Entries at:

Registry Editor window

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

LegalNoticeCaption :

LegalNoticeText :

Modify them to no value (empty) if the values are what you have entered in System Control of IObit Toolbox.

Cheers.

Thanks you gave the edit option.I was going to give.:-P

Archived