IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster 2.0 Final out.

Get it here (don't forget to uninstall your older version first).

Yea, I noticed that beta 3 was still being downloaded.

Removed link.

I assume it should be VERY soon though as Major Geeks is saying it's final. They are pointing to ver 2.3 right now.

Can't be long!!

Here it is http://www.majorgeeks.com/Iobit_Game_Booster_d5952.html

Now a free and pay for use version.

Already purchased it.

Thanks!!!

How does the pay for use version differ from the ad supported version?

I know you can remove the ads from the pay for use version but I don't see much more difference between the pay for use version and the older free beta.

I would like the ability to not GameBox run in the pay for use version. I understand that I can hide it. I don't want to use the resources to load it.

I have a bug in the pay for use version, nothing shows up in my Options/Ignore list. I would like to ignore a few of what's listed but nothing shows up.

Got the notice about an update, updated, and now it's removed the ability to use the "Top Performance" mode. If I had known you guys were going to make me pay for this too, I wouldn't have updated.

I'll be restoring the old 2.2 Beta and I won't be updating again. Using GameBooster free is what led me to purchasing your other software. If GameBooster is not going to have full functionality in the free version, I will no longer support it. (Basically I'll just stop recommending IObit software to all of my friends now, and I won't be renewing any existing software subscriptions.)

Gimping your software to make people want to pay for the full version is not a good practice. It just leads to more people hacking and pirating your software.

Hi masterblaster,

How does the pay for use version differ from the ad supported version?

I know you can remove the ads from the pay for use version but I don't see much more difference between the pay for use version and the older free beta.

You can see the differences under:

Click Premium button=>Registration window=>Click Install New License=>Activation window=>What's in Premium:

I have a bug in the pay for use version, nothing shows up in my Options/Ignore list. I would like to ignore a few of what's listed but nothing shows up.

Have you right clicked on each Game Essential in Game Essentials section and chosen Ignore to put the concerned one in the Ignore List?

You can also hide the New Drivers in Main=>Advice section if you check the checkbox of Hide the number of new drivers in :

Options window=>Interface=>Advice section.

Same is also applicable there to:

Unnecessary Services.

Top Performance if tweaked to.

New Essentials.

Cheers.

Hi guys. I was wondering if this is a bug or not but when I click on customize on the main window and click next on the "non-window" services there is nothing in the list. I could has thought I had a bunch of other services showing once before.

Anyone else having this problem?

Hi gamerchick

Isn't it that you have not yet customizes anything?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi guys. I was wondering if this is a bug or not but when I click on customize on the main window and click next on the "non-window" services there is nothing in the list. I could has thought I had a bunch of other services showing once before.

Anyone else having this problem?

Got the notice about an update, updated, and now it's removed the ability to use the "Top Performance" mode. If I had known you guys were going to make me pay for this too, I wouldn't have updated.

I'll be restoring the old 2.2 Beta and I won't be updating again. Using GameBooster free is what led me to purchasing your other software. If GameBooster is not going to have full functionality in the free version, I will no longer support it. (Basically I'll just stop recommending IObit software to all of my friends now, and I won't be renewing any existing software subscriptions.)

Gimping your software to make people want to pay for the full version is not a good practice. It just leads to more people hacking and pirating your software.

Agreed, and I don't care if its $10 or $1 the point is, they didn't tell you that the new "update" was going to cost you either way. Luckily I retained my beta installer. :D

For the users of free IObit software, sometimes it is good and useful to read the discussions in IObit Forum.

Example?

Post#57 of Game Booster 2 thread by IObit Guy started in May 2010.

In fact, also other posts in that thread indicates that new Game Booster version 2 would have had free and paid versions. Forget about some of the users wanting GB higher priced and to be in two versions, ie. Premium (paid) and Free.

Certainly Beta versions were free for testing purposes.

Cheers.

Is it not worth paying 10 $ for this , just go find beta before the final version (i dont see any difference) Game box is useless for me

its only save 76 Mo which is nothing , the drivers that need to be updated is

wrong and doesnt include "Bêta" version of drivers

Is it not worth paying 10 $ for this , just go find beta before the final version (i dont see any difference) Game box is useless for me

its only save 76 Mo which is nothing , the drivers that need to be updated is

wrong and doesnt include "Bêta" version of drivers

Well I disagree. This is a great value at $10.00. You can stick with the beta but it is beta. The final version will get updates and the beta will likely be left as is.

Archived