IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB V2 Premium question

jakeedog

white list

Hi SHMafia,

Hi jakeedog,

For security reason, we put processes of anti-virus software into the White List.

If you want to close MSE, please open the "WhiteList.ini" with notepad, delete "msseces.exe=" and "MsMpEng.exe=", save it.

Usual path of "WhiteList.ini" is "C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster".

Best regards.

Hi SHMafia,

Hi jakeedog,

For security reason, we put processes of anti-virus software into the White List.

If you want to close MSE, please open the "WhiteList.ini" with notepad, delete "msseces.exe=" and "MsMpEng.exe=", save it.

Usual path of "WhiteList.ini" is "C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster".

Best regards.

Thanks for quick answer, but here comes another little problem. There is no "Whitelist.ini" file in my "C:\Program Files\Game Booster".

in gamebooster v2.0 go to options > general > you will view a " customize services list " there is an option "edit" push it and you view the list of services

you do what your friend told you

We told you twice it don't fix this problem with MSE :) At GB 1.6v in .ini there was

"[CheckedApps]

msseces.exe=1"

Hi guys the Whitelist.ini file is at:

For Vista/Win7,

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster

For XP,

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IObit\Game Booster

You have to change the hidden files to unhidden in Folder Options to see that file.

Do not mix WhiteList.ini with GameBooster.ini which is also in the same folder.

Cheers.

Hi guys the Whitelist.ini file is at:

For Vista/Win7,

For XP,

You have to change the hidden files to unhidden in Folder Options to see that file.

Do not mix WhiteList.ini with GameBooster.ini which is also in the same folder.

Cheers.

Hi, im using windows XP. And theres is no whitelist.ini on my system (used search to whole C:\ disc) And i changed the hidden files to show but still theres no whitelist.ini.

OK guys,

The WhiteList.ini file is attached in a zip file.

For XP, download and extract it to:

For Vista/7, download and extract it to:

To show the hidden files and folders, go to:

Windos Explorer window=>Tools=>Folder Options...=>Folder Options window=>View tab=>Advanced settings:=>Files and Folders=>Hidden files and folders=>Check radio botton Show hidden files, folders, and drives=>Click Apply button=>Click OK button

If you still can not find the hidden folder of Game Booster, I would suggest a clean uninstall-reinstall which is described in Over the top/Clean install post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.

Cheers.

WhiteList.zip

@SHMafia,

Have you tried deleting also MsMpEng.exe from whiteList.ini and stopping it in GB2 by checking Show Current User's All Processes with the others if it is running?

You can also try adding MsMpEng.exe under [CheckedApps], as MsMpEng.exe=1 in GameBooster.ini file. (Customize service list in Main section.)

@jakeedog,

I don't have 64bit win7, so I don't know where the exact location of the WhiteList.ini is, so my suggestion will be a clean uninstall-reinstall which is described in Over the top/Clean install post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.

Cheers.

I've done clean installs,I have done all that was said in this thread. I'm going back to v1.4 which works flawless for me until(hopefully)they get the bugs out of the paid version. It's not worth the hassle:-| As of right now I would be happy if I knew how to take the darn update box out every time you use it.

I do hope that IObit is working on v2.0 Premium to get it working right.

Hi SH

MsMpEng.exe is fx. used by Microsoft Security Essentials and by Windows Defender.

By me Windows Defender is set as automatic but not started while MSE is set as automatic and started. Both are dependent on Remote Procedure call (RPC), which by me is set as automatic and started.

services.msc in Run will open services.

Cheers

solbjerg

Now with msseces.exe everything works fine. Thanks! But...

In older GB 1.6v then you add msseces.exe to disable list it automatically disables MsMpEng.exe too. But in GB2 - http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8932/gb2zx.jpg as you can see it disables mssces.exe but MsMpEng.exe still working and consuming CPU. Any ideas how to fix it?

@SHMafia,

Have you tried deleting also MsMpEng.exe from whiteList.ini and stopping it in GB2 by checking Show Current User's All Processes with the others if it is running?

You can also try adding MsMpEng.exe under [CheckedApps], as MsMpEng.exe=1 in GameBooster.ini file. (Customize service list in Main section.)

Cheers.

There is no MsMpEng.exe in whiteList.ini and - http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7817/gb22.jpg. And i also try adding MsMpEng.exe to customize service list. But still no progress.

Here is the WhiteList.ini [Apps] part attached from a laptop in XP Turkish of which neither MSE nor Windows Defender is installed.

The WhiteList.ini file in the zip file that I supplied from English Windows7 in post #16 also includes that file!

I would suggest a clean uninstall-reinstall procedure.

Cheers.

Finally,I repeat finally got GB v2.0 to remove msseces.exe and MsMpEng.exe when switching to game mode.:smile: Maybe I wasn't paying attention in this post or what but I removed both apps from the whitelist and ADDED them to the GB.ini file(under checked apps) and it now works. I wasn't doing the latter when I tried it before.:oops: Anyways ,it is now working for me.:smile:

Archived