IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster 2.0 (Thumb down)

Denny-man

I just updated my Game Booster 1.6 to 2.0. Before I updated the Booster I could run my game smooth and easy with game mode activated with the v1.6. But when I installed v2.0 and jumped onto my game it went slow, and laggy, and as the game moves it sometimes freezes for 1 sec. And this came when I had installed v2.0, because I didn't have those problems with v1.6. I'd like to add v1.6 back if possible.

I wish I did. I looked around and all of the files I found and downloaded was just said gamebooster.exe and it was for 1.6 but... When I clicked to install it, it said that it was gonna install 2.0, so I don't know really.

It's like 2.0 makes it really bad when it was great at 1.6, and I would like to stay on the great side. It even lagged less when I used the unboosted system. And it shouldn't be that way.

Edit:

here ya go guys

Sorry I only had a copy of 1.51 on my disk. Still its far better than version 2.0

Just remeber not to auto update.;-)

http: //rapidshare.com/files/.........../gamebooster.exe

EDIT: The link is delinked, please see post #14 of this thread.

here ya go guys

Sorry I only had a copy of 1.51 on my disk. Still its far better than version 2.0

Confirmed, scanned with VirusTotal. Thanks :D That'll work.

With limits on all of the settings and ADs.., 2.0 is kind of doing the opposite of what I need it to do. I can't even disable auto update? wtf.. Eh, Good things can't last forever I suppose. Think they would give people the choice perhaps, but looks like they're trying to abolish Anything < 2.0 from the internet. heh.

You are welcome.

standard internet business model. release a program. get people to like it then bring in a pay for version.

Would be good though if v2 wasnt adware , have a footprint 3 times the size of version 1.5 and lets face it being an inferior version hidden behind flashy graphics.

IOBIT,

I have no issues paying for 2.0 final. I did.

I did mention early on my concern about the larger footprint. Remember the primary goal, reduce resources.

2.0 was fatter than 1.6. As I recalled, twice as fat.That concerned me. Lost some focus?

I also didn't like Game Box taking up resources even though it doesn't show (I have it checked not to show as I do not use it).

Great product but the users have a point (resource wise).

here ya go guys

http: //rapidshare.com/files/.........../gamebooster.exe

When I click that it tells me that the file has already bee used 10 times and can't be downloaded anymore. I'd love to get it back so bad.

pm sent

Ive opened an account so once Denny has his copy ill upload the new link.

BTW IOBIT. This is nothing personal or against your company. Im just a gamer helping out fellow gamers. When you get the program right and working as it was. My links will not be needed anymore.

pm sent

Ive opened an account so once Denny has his copy ill upload the new link.

BTW IOBIT. This is nothing personal or against your company. Im just a gamer helping out fellow gamers. When you get the program right and working as it was. My links will not be needed anymore.

I got it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! <3

I also didn't like Game Box taking up resources even though it doesn't show (I have it checked not to show as I do not use it)

Dear masterblaster,

Dear all users,

In fact, GameBox.exe's function almost likes the gbtray.exe's.

Further more, it also have the quick switch function and many users like using it.

But at present, GameBox.exe takes more resources than gbtray.exe.

As you said, our main focus is reducing resources.

We do will keep hard working to improve this problem.

Thank you very much for letting us know your requirements and suggestion.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi masterblaster

I assume you are right, IObit will probably not spend time and effort on an old beta version.

Jupiter

Why don't you seach for a version 1.6?

I did - and inside 2 minutes I could download a zipped version from ****//kamparsoft.com/tools/game-booster-v1-6.html

I didn't though - what would I use it for?

I already have it - I always download the install file and keep it for 2 versions

Cheers

solbjerg

I assume it being such an old version, they took it down.

I doubt they want tech support spending time on an outdated version.

That's my guess anyway.

After I upgraded my older version into v2.0 everything went horrible!:-|

my games lag (command & conquer, cabal online, & etc), & I experienced super delay even their graphics changed.

I tried to downgrade to v1.6 but unfortunately ts no longer available good thing I did system restore & been able to restore everything to normal.

I don't know if this is allowed but If you guys are looking for previous version of GB here's my provided link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=482EE90N

If you're unsure with this here's the result of virus total scan

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=bffd4b66a276a609d74b591a664bbc5fe72c00234ea2e1f174425a08873353c4-1292375582 - FILE SCAN

http://www.virustotal.com/url-scan/report.html?id=f2f4ee51db275f9d396ecbf0f40aefdd-1292371814# - URL SCAN

Archived