IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GameBooster 2.0

BlueDrake

I love how you have this software free, for all this time and then switch it on us. Telling us to visit the forums, just so we know of changes to it. What do you expect of the mass public?

It's no longer "freeware" but shareware with ads, how about you stop duping site visitors? Put it up as "shareware" as other sites now label it, because you showing it as free only will send a mixed signal. It's free to use sure, but can you use all the features? Nope! I don't deem that freeware at all, but what I'd consider scamware. You get told it's free, and then it's got ads along with features disabled. All in the name of trying to say it's free.

Either give us a link to a previous build, for those not wanting to deal with this scamware or mark your program is shareware! Marking this as free is an unjust lie, to consumers. Even went to the page to "buy" and see if it's for sale, and no it's not at all. You need to buy a license though, so you can get full usage?

Totally unacceptable, and I was a user of the beta also. Thought you would at least not try messing with users, making them download an update they don't want. If you plan on updating to this "shareware" version, how about you give customers a warning instead? Or is that because, you'll scare users away? I've used IOBit enough and enjoy the free products, but throwing this left field curve isn't a nice way to keep users.

Bad decision...

I totally agree with BlueDrake! This final and no-free-anymore version of Game Booster is very disappointing... :-( For now, I remain on the last beta version (like many others) and I hope that IObit will reconsider its decision.

A faithful user of the IObit products :???:

I have to agree. I was beta testing since the first available version. I was pleased that they accepted my feedback, and fixed the issues I stated. Then they came without warning and made it so my features were disabled and I have to pay to get them back. I've been loyal about Iobit's freeware for a little while now, but the fact that they did this without consulting us is a blow below the belt. I feel as if my rights as a tester and user have been violated by this sneaky switch. I do have the old 3.0 beta saved and will revert to that as soon as possible. Iobit, you've riled your users by making your best freeware program payware, and on top of that, it has worse performance than before. I speak for many when I say that this is not acceptable, and will deter us from your products.

Sincerely,

Riley Koczera

hi testers

As long as a product is in beta it is in my view immoral to make users pay for it, after all some of them do the company a service by testing the product and giving feedback. This is a valuable service for the company.

The users on the other hand gets to use the product for free.

A company has to have some profit to survive and develop and to maintain the usability of their product.

Some totally free products are probably a good investment, as it creates goodwill and make users want to try other products from the company too, free or not free.

As a beta tester one ought to know that when the beta testing is over, the product may end up as a payable product.

This of course can create some animosity (while we all want to eat our cake and have it too) but in all fairness if the product is good it is also fair to pay for it.

Where the level between the free and the pro functions should be is a corporate decision that has to take into account the maximizing of profits contra goodwill.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have to agree. I was beta testing since the first available version. I was pleased that they accepted my feedback, and fixed the issues I stated. Then they came without warning and made it so my features were disabled and I have to pay to get them back. I've been loyal about Iobit's freeware for a little while now, but the fact that they did this without consulting us is a blow below the belt. I feel as if my rights as a tester and user have been violated by this sneaky switch. I do have the old 3.0 beta saved and will revert to that as soon as possible. Iobit, you've riled your users by making your best freeware program payware, and on top of that, it has worse performance than before. I speak for many when I say that this is not acceptable, and will deter us from your products.

Sincerely,

Riley Koczera

I preferred 1.6 over the 2.0, only did the Beta because it was there. Considering how this went, I'm starting to wonder. When are other products going to, suddenly turn pay to use full features? I use the Smart Defrag, and it's suddenly clicked in my mind. Eventually they want something for the products.

Why not just make a fully usable version of GB, and put some minor ads? Too much hassle, or just rather ad support it as is. Then make people pay for full features, and drag on the torment for it all. Might as well start asking people, to go pirate software next. Not literally, but it's what turns people away.

Suddenly a free goes to pay, people get outraged and then usually turn to a pirating source. That or find other programs, to replace it when they can. In the case of GB, I'm sure eventually I can find something. Not like I used it all that much, but I enjoyed the fact all features were usable. Sure beta = no paying, at least I'm aware of. Just then suddenly turn the tables, on a free program to a pay/ad based one isn't nice.

We all want money, that's what we want for things we create. I get the point and such, you have other programs for money. That's not enough suddenly? I give up really, for a company like this I'm starting to wonder. No public announcements either, just a slap in the face really.

Well BlueDrake

Any scenario is thinkable, some are possible, fewer are probable.

Some people even argue that the world is flat, - even though they go up and down hills all the time :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I preferred 1.6 over the 2.0, only did the Beta because it was there. Considering how this went, I'm starting to wonder. When are other products going to, suddenly turn pay to use full features? I use the Smart Defrag, and it's suddenly clicked in my mind. Eventually they want something for the products.

Why not just make a fully usable version of GB, and put some minor ads? Too much hassle, or just rather ad support it as is. Then make people pay for full features, and drag on the torment for it all. Might as well start asking people, to go pirate software next. Not literally, but it's what turns people away.

Suddenly a free goes to pay, people get outraged and then usually turn to a pirating source. That or find other programs, to replace it when they can. In the case of GB, I'm sure eventually I can find something. Not like I used it all that much, but I enjoyed the fact all features were usable. Sure beta = no paying, at least I'm aware of. Just then suddenly turn the tables, on a free program to a pay/ad based one isn't nice.

We all want money, that's what we want for things we create. I get the point and such, you have other programs for money. That's not enough suddenly? I give up really, for a company like this I'm starting to wonder. No public announcements either, just a slap in the face really.

Archived