IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Turbo Boost

farmerluke

Turbo Boost - What are the effects of turning off processes?

Enoskype,

When one clicks on the TurboBoost Button, a window pops up with lists of processes that can be disabled during the use of TurboBoost.

I am a semi-novice and the master of unintended consequences when it comes to my computer. For people like me, it would be helpful to know the consequences (in general) if one disables a process.

I am surprised there is no info at all about TurboBoost in the ASC Online Help Manual, nor any forum with practical information about the use of TurboBoost.

Thanks,

Iz

Hi farmerluke,

If the Turbo Boost is ON, when you right click on the icon of ASC in system tray, you will see that there is a line with Turn Off Turbo Boost.

If the Turbo Boost is OFF, then the line reads as: Turn On Turbo Boost

Cheers.

Hi Izzy

You are somewhat right - there is an "old" description in Usage of IObit Products but it hasn't been updated - none of us - at least not I have gotten around to it. :-) Sorry!

About the services it closes down I will advise you to open services.msc

by writing that in Run and read the description of the services in question.

There may be other things it closes down but we will have to know what they are by you to be able to comment on those.

Generally though the services that are closed down are services that are unnecessary for the playing of a game, and they will therefore release the resources used by those services in order to give you as many resources for game-playing as safely possible.

Cheers

solbjerg

Enoskype,

When one clicks on the TurboBoost Button, a window pops up with lists of processes that can be disabled during the use of TurboBoost.

I am a semi-novice and the master of unintended consequences when it comes to my computer. For people like me, it would be helpful to know the consequences (in general) if one disables a process.

I am surprised there is no info at all about TurboBoost in the ASC Online Help Manual, nor any forum with practical information about the use of TurboBoost.

Thanks,

Iz

Hi Izzy,

How about near to the end of Miscellaneous post (#20) in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread under Usage of IObit Products section under General Forums ?

BTW, Turbo Boost is one of the later functions included in ASC, so that may be the reason it is not included in Online Manual. (I guess.)

Simply, disabling a process stops that particular software from running in the background or on the foreground.

Well, the negative consequences? For example if you stop the process of a firewall, it will not function to protect the PC untill it is started again. Or, if you stop the explorer.exe, the window using this process will be shut down.

Otherwise, nothing dangerous will happen and if after turning the Turbo Boost off there is any program that is not working, a restart of the PC will correct it.

Cheers.

EDIT: sorry solbjerg, I did not see you have posted.

The more the merrier! The more information the better!! Cheers solbjerg

Archived