IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster 2.0 Final - Big Thumb Down

gurboura

I'll be going back to the Beta I had installed, it did a much better job, and didn't require me to pay $9.99 for the things I expect of it.

I updated to the final 2.0, and find out I have to pay to stop 3rd party services, I go to do Game Boost, and notice it closed maybe, 4-5 services, where as the beta closed ALL but 4-5 services, it doesn't do any near what the beta did. :roll: Great update! NOT.

Final release is a joke.

I agree, turing a freeware product into payware by stealth is a joke, esp. when it doesn't work as well as the beta.

If anyone has the prevoius beta please, please, please upload it and PM me a link, as I was stupid and deleted it. Well who would have thought they (IO Bit) would pull a stunt like this?

:x :x :x

I'll be going back to the Beta I had installed, it did a much better job, and didn't require me to pay $9.99 for the things I expect of it.

I updated to the final 2.0, and find out I have to pay to stop 3rd party services, I go to do Game Boost, and notice it closed maybe, 4-5 services, where as the beta closed ALL but 4-5 services, it doesn't do any near what the beta did. :roll: Great update! NOT.

Final release is a joke.

I agree, turing a freeware product into payware by stealth is a joke,

:-x :-x :-x

For the users of free IObit software, sometimes it is good and useful to read the discussions in IObit Forum.

Example?

Post#57 of Game Booster 2 thread by IObit Guy started in May 2010.

In fact, also other posts in that thread indicates that new Game Booster version 2 would have had free and paid versions. Forget about some of the users wanting GB higher priced and to be in two versions, ie. Premium (paid) and Free.

Certainly Beta versions were free for testing purposes.

Cheers.

I don't follow every forum for every product I use, let alone read every post :roll:

Whatever you say this WAS a sneaky move.

I would still like the v2 beta back, if anyone has it please.

For the users of free IObit software, sometimes it is good and useful to read the discussions in IObit Forum.

Example?

Post#57 of Game Booster 2 thread by IObit Guy started in May 2010.

In fact, also other posts in that thread indicates that new Game Booster version 2 would have had free and paid versions. Forget about some of the users wanting GB higher priced and to be in two versions, ie. Premium (paid) and Free.

Certainly Beta versions were free for testing purposes.

Cheers.

Hi,

The Beta Version was intended for bugs testing purposes, that was why all the functions were enabled.

(You wouldn't want people to buy a license to test a Beta software right?) :-P

On final release, the Final version of GB2 Free still has the exact same functions from GameBosoter v1.6 with More new functions added to it.

(They did not make it so you have to pay for what was already free in GBv1.6; therefore, there was nothing wrong with making other things Premium only. You still get the same functions and even a little more stuff in the new free version compare to v1.6!)

I wouldn't recommend going back to the Beta version because there are bugs and you will not get any future updates/improvements. :mrgreen:

Feel free to go back to Game Booster v1.6 for a stable use of the product for now. Maybe there will be more free functions added to the Free version in the future.

Cheers.

I don't follow every forum for every product I use, let alone read every post :roll:

Whatever you say this WAS a sneaky move.

I would still like the v2 beta back, if anyone has it please.

;53182']Hi,

(They did not make it so you have to pay for what was already free in GBv1.6; therefore, there was nothing wrong with making other things Premium only. You still get the same functions and even a little more stuff in the new free version compare to v1.6!)

That is not entirely true! In the version before 2 I could turn off all of my 3rd party applications and add more than 1 game to the game booster window!

In version 2 I can't do any of that! Talk about a tease..... I am sure there are FREE (100%) apps that can do the same thing that IObit is charging us all for.

Archived