IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A possible threat?

Mr Bean

Just wondering;

Running the hijack part (scan) of Advance system care

Why would it consider IOBIT 360 start a possible threat?

And lets say I hit fix. Not that this would happen in my case though.

I know and read, the warning attachment as this is only a possibility of what it finds.

Lets say that I don't have a clue in to AVC, tick all of it, or think what to fix, and run it to fix.

Silly question but wonder.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Bean.

Hi Mr Bean,

First of all, it is not seen as a threat, but a process running and auto started with the Windows start.

Specifically if you hit to fix IS360, it will delete the entry of auto start of IS360. So nothing important and you can revert back to default by using the option start with Windows in IS360's Options.

If you hit to fix all, then you will have a lot of problems and that's why there is a warning note not to do that.

Well, it is expected that some information should be used before using such powerful programs. Online Manual, USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS, or at least the notes in the program itself.

A silly question? Not at all for a novice, but I don't think you would ask that for yourself.:razz:

Cheers.

As always you gave a perfect answer ,very well put.

That's why I posted the questions I hoped you would answer.

Why did I do this ?

Nothing better to do? NO its important. That it's understood by a new comer.

The reason when I my self first used it, a long while back did just that. Fix What it found.

Result: I had to use a Re-image to restore my drive.

Just before the post, I scanned my system, ran it (checking) and it reminded me of my silly mistake.

First of all, perhaps the danger of not reading, and a new user not fully aware what this is for. This is why I did..

So decided to post this.

Thank you again.

Mr Bean

This is just me fooling around "comparing" just as an interest, and post this here.

Not criticizing in any way..

Using Iobit Toolbox 1.1 and Advance SystemCare. (disk clean.)

First scan and and testing results on Windows 7 ultimate.

Then again, soon after.

Interesting results. ASC is more thorough and gives more options.

Though, both are very good, considering 2 are free, 1 upgradeable to pro.!

One thing, myself have no problems at all and no fear in using them.

But, still watchful as I want to avoid - mistakes.

Hope this is ok to post here if not please move this to where its supposed to be at.

Mr Bean

Archived