IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Loss of files.

Mr Bean

Today trying to help a poster was saddened by his loss of files.

Most common place is installing something that is not known, or ever used before.

Many that are not computer literate, do not see the dangers of blind installing.

Thinking well its popular or looks nice, do this with eyes closed or the way the program is put across with over the top statements, or not understood statements, not reading the doc files, being mostly the cases.

So, what is the proper way to go about this?

Very simply put , called BACKING UP your PC drive(s).

Use a search engine like Google, type in the word back up, and of you go.

You will find what you need. Be careful what you download, start of with the popular Macrium reflect free edition.

Type in Macrium and of you go. It's very safe and trustworthy, download plus install.

If you decide not to like this than pick others that you do .At least find one now. It's been stressed over and over to back up a PC.

This will stop the sadness of losing data and frustration.

At least you know you can get away with mishaps or if for what ever reason an install fails, corrupts a drive, you can be assured of a restore.

MR Bean

DANGER OF BETA TESTING, or installing.

A high risk is taken by you who try, install, run, an unproven program possibly full of bugs

"symptoms"

1:loss of files.

2:registry and or settings.

3:corrupt files on a drive.

4:loose the ability to boot.

5:end up with a blank drive.

6: a dead OS .

7: worst case non usable hard drive. That needs special software to get up and working.

My advice is sit back a bit watch the professionals report on a Beta.

Like myself who has no fear of any of the above.

That can restore in 3 minutes to where I left of just before the install.

As a tester I have 3 drives and 4 external drives on a test PC just for this purpose.

Play around with programs if you do not have the equipment, than my advice, forget BETA programs for the proven version.

Why do thy put up Beta, programs?

Use people like us as voluntary, Ginnea pigs and report our findings, so thy can fix the bugs, before you use it.

Now that you understand the risk do you want to take it?

Do not let me put you off, please be sure what you do, and then go ahead.

Mr Bean

The problem is the different Ms OSs that are installed.

Starting with XP to the windows 7 Ultimate, the one now using 64 bit, not a problem.

Yet, 32 bit will not run first public version release. On the other one fine. 3rd edition run fine.

As soon as I updated (rarely I do this), it failed. Now not necessarily the beta 4 that caused this ,I suspect the video driver.(update) Restored BACK to the older one and went fine again.

Its hard to put a finger on why or what, that's why the feed back is helping IObit to fix and make it universal, installable and running.

Not a easy task.

The first one was wobbly (in my case), then an update arrived which made it stable. So I have no dough they will solve more, as the feed back arrives.

One thing, IObit is very fast in fixing bugs 99% of the time and add more making this a top program in ITS class.

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean :smile:

Mind if I ask what happened there ? Infection ? Was this on a forum ?

Thanks...

General Discussion ASC

thy posted thy lost there system~ the other chap lost his drive. using the Iobit. products

so i don't think it was virus related .well thy did not say it was.

Mr Bean

Archived