IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No. Of Files

I am using the Beta version of ISD 4.03 issued in Jan 08. Where has the Optimize gone and why does it say that when I run it yesterday there were 79000 files when I run it today there are 83000 files and when I run it tomorrow there may be only 75000 files when I have hardly had the machine on and have not deleted or knowingly not created all these thousands of files etc?

Jon Schurmann.:?

Please take a look in iObit's SmartDefrag folder and read "what's new".

And read enoskypes string Think About Defragmentation.

The number of files can go up if you for example have been browsing the Internet and/or if you have some aggressive cookies or even spyware on your machine.

During a defragmentation the defrag-engine cannot defragment files that are in use.

Cheers

I am using the Beta version of ISD 4.03 issued in Jan 08. Where has the Optimize gone and why does it say that when I run it yesterday there were 79000 files when I run it today there are 83000 files and when I run it tomorrow there may be only 75000 files when I have hardly had the machine on and have not deleted or knowingly not created all these thousands of files etc?

Jon Schurmann.:?

Archived